We have had an incredible day of worshiping our God.
As I was sitting in my seat at Buckhead Church this morning I thought, how could this possibly get any better? Clay Scroggins was awesome. God was speaking through him this morning. Unbelievable. Seeing from the board to the boat. As Noah did. I could not do it justice. You'll have to listen online. I just know that I left knowing that I need to get up everyday and pick up my board, follow hard after God and do just as He commands me. Noah got up every morning using boards to make his boat. The boat God commanded him to make. Every morning he obeyed the Lord, by faith. By faith, I know that God is coming through for me. He is with me. He is for me. There is something in the process. A reward or a payoff in the process of obeying and honoring the Lord everyday, in everything and every way. I'm gonna give it a shot.
Amazing.
We love love love our church. It has been and continues to be a wonderful place for us.
Art and I met at 722. 722 is now old-school, but back in the day, I was obsessed. I couldnt get enough. Back when worship leaders wore khaki shorts and polo shirts like the rest of us! Louie Giglio could grab my attention. He spoke LOUD. He was animated. I got it. So many times I felt like he was talking directly to me. I think 722 was where I really really really fell in love with Jesus. The real Jesus. I have been a Christian basically my entire life. But it was in college that I fully understood - probably just part of growing up. Even now there is so much to learn. Life brings new challenges. With new challenges I become more and more dependent on my God. With more dependence on Him comes more love for Him. I love Him.
We heard this was the first week Passion City Church was having their kids environments. I wanted to go. Its at 6pm. Services last up to 2 hours. Hm. Should we go? Thats dinner time, bath time, bed time. To heck with routine. We went. And boy, am I glad we did. Emma Kate went right into Passion Kids...their rooms are TENTS. Only Passion. She was hesitant but she went right on in. Harper held out her arms to her Bloom teachers and allowed them to take her right on in without a peep. Score! We found our seats and waiting for starting time. Just before the service began all these kids were lead in. Every week Passion Kids will worship with big church. What!?! I was so glad they thought to do that! She did not sit with us, but Emma Kate worshiped with us tonight, singing up front with the worship team. No biggie!!! Ha!!! I was beside myself with delight! Louie was incredible. I have missed hearing him. I didn't even know how I had until I heard him.
Sidenote: Sometimes in situations like that I become a skeptic. Its weird, I know. As much as I believe the one true God speaks through him, I am a bit thrown off my all the fans. Know what I mean? After all, I am one. Its like for some reason I question why we are there. Is it for Louie? Is it to hear Chris Tomlin? Is it because its the newest thing? But then it hits me. This is for real. We are worshiping the only one who deserves any worship at all. Why would I doubt it? I know why we are there. To welcome Him with praise!
Louie read from Colossians 3 tonight. In Christ we have a new heart. The old is gone. The new is what remains. But the new needs diet and exercise. It needs change. If we continue in our old ways, then nothing in our life will change. If we create a new path we are pulled forward to our Savior. Anything in our life that does not glorify the Lord needs to go. If it hinders us, get rid of it. I have to tell the old things that are not good for me goodbye.
It takes time and energy and effort. It means putting on compassion and kindness and humility and gentleness and patience and forgiveness and love. Its letting the peace of Christ rule.
Because Christ is in me, my future looks like Him. I am headed toward an eternity that is covered by His glory. He is calling us to stand with Him in glory. What!?!
So my morning starts new! Wow! I'm picking up by board and I am putting on my shirt and I am focusing on the only one who matters. Cant wait to figure out what this means and looks like. It'll take time. The payoff is in the process.
hooray! i was just sitting here wondering how it went tonight and dying for details. hooray for a timely blog update. that sounds like an awesome night. - court
ReplyDeleteI can just see that sweet EK worshipping and it's enough to bring tears to my eyes! So thankful for the God we serve! What a privilege it is to worship Him!!
ReplyDeleteJust now visiting your blog for the first time on my own (had seen it a couple times before @ wkday :). Thank you for sharing your heart ... for being so open and honest ... so inspiring & encouraging. We actually wanted to attend Passion City that night, but ended up not being able to ... looking forward to, hopefully, going soon.
ReplyDelete