Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hallie

I have been so bad about blogging.
Its funny, I feel like I am going to forget this season if I somehow dont write it all down.
I sure hope not!!! Because this season is so sweet!

I am really here just for a second.
Should have blogged about this months and months ago.

A while back I began volunteering at our church a couple of days a week. I could not have imagined how that would become a huge blessing in the my life and for my little girls. One of the biggest gifts since being a mom, really. So thankful for the opportunity.
One big part of this has been making new wonderful friends.
When you work together 5-10 hrs a week you kinda build a bond. Made with lots of laughter of silly mom things, how our brains dont work so we have to count things a million time, you know, just things like that.
Well, Katie has become my friend. And truly a gift. When she was 6 weeks pregnant back in May she could hardly hold it in. And just burst it out one morning. Oh my word. She, at that moment had a one year old and a three year old. I remember thinking, "hm, if she's considering adding to her crazy, maybe I could too." 4 weeks later we found out about this baby boy! As I was finding out that joyful (and scary news) Katie was hearing some really difficult things from her doctor. On the morning I planned to tell her we would be pregnant together she came in and told me about her daughters sickness. She had been diagnosed with Trisomy 13. It was not good. There were so many questions. We just sat there and cried. There was nothing I could say or do. So, in times like that, you just pray. Pray for answers, pray for a miracle, pray for comfort, for wisdom, for courage, for Hallie, for Katie, for her husband, Chris, for their 2 other miracles, Bella and Farrah, for their marriage, for all of it.
Doctors immediately suggested she terminate the pregnancy. She didn't. She carried this blessing of a baby for 9 very long months. Our bellies have grown together. One with a baby we have yet to meet, and one with a sweet angel who was born on Monday. Hallie Lynn Green is here! We rejoice she made it all the way, down this long long road into Katie's arms. She just wanted to hold her and meet her after she had carried her these last months. The future is still unclear, but Hallie is fighting. Thousands are praying. It is amazing. And it is heart wrenching. To watch a friend so dear have to fight like this is almost unbearable. So thankful for a God who is holding her tight just as she holds her Hallie so tightly.
I write all of this to ask you to pray for sweet Hallie Lynn. She is truly a little miracle baby to have made it this far.
You can read more of her story here. There is also a facebook page Hope for Hallie to show support there. Thanks friends! Lets bust down that door to heaven with overloading sounds of praise for our God this Christmas and prayers for this incredible family who loves Him more than anything. They are so strong and so reliant on the one true God who is at work in their lives and in the lives of so many who hear their story. Please pray He would be glorified through this!

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading these posts since you first put it on Facebook...but I'm so glad you shared your connection here. Prayers for Hallie!

    ReplyDelete