Art is putting Emma Kate to bed withOUT a passy tonight. For the first time! It's not sounding so good at the moment. But thats just how it goes I guess. We have a tradition of singing "Nighty Night" at bedtime. I think my mom made it up - but if your mom sang it to you, chances are she didn't.
Nighty Night, Emma Kate
Go to sleep we love you
Have sweet dreams our baby girl
And we'll see you in the morning.
Mom sang this to us and still does if we are at home. Its a special tune.
Emma Kate is a fun, sweet, beautiful and flirty little girl who is about to turn 1! It is hard to imagine that just a year ago our lives didn't revolve around her. Now they do, and our lives are most certainly better for it.
So this is my first BLOG entry, how am I doing so far? I decided I hear about all these blogs and thought I needed to join in. I hope you enjoy whatever I decide to write about.
So...a couple minutes later and Emma Kate is not crying TOO loud. The dishwasher is on so that drowns her out a little I think. Today we just took it easy - it has been so HOT. yesterday we drove up to Cumming, GA to visit our friends Kylie and Reese. EK and Reese are only 2 weeks apart in age and are so cute to see together.
Tomorrow we will see Courtney and Ella (Emma Kate's best friend)! In case you didn't know - they have been BFF since, well, since forever!
She is quiet now - could we possibly have just put EKD to sleep without a passy? You are kidding me. That's a little bit sad and a little bit great! She is still just a little baby but she really is growing up! It has been fun to be her mom - a mom - seriously? a mom? It is so amazing how much you can love this little person so much. It can really help put life in persepctive. Maybe one day I will write about why. Until then...Nighty Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment