Wednesday, September 26, 2007



Yesterday was such a fun day with sweet Emma Kate. She is hilarious! She was so good while I ran 4 different errands, which is unheard of since the birth of Emma Kate. Then she napped at home and woke up happy! A mothers dream! We played all afternoon and just did silly stuff. She was crazy about her cardigan for some reason and kept asking me to put in on her. She seemed most content with it around her shoulders and did not at all like it when I tied it around her little waist.


As we played more in the living room I noticed she stopped. She bent down so that her eyes were very close to the floor and started point/picking something up. It was an ant.

In fact, there were several. Art says these are not the kind that go in lines so they are hard to figure out. But Emma Kate and I killed several and then had some left over to show daddy when he got home to survey the problem. He eliminated the rest and we haven't heard from them since. Weird. Here is EK showing her dad the ants she found.
Then...we went across the street to see the dog. Emma Kate is an avid dog enthusiast. She gets beside herself at just the jingle of their collar. She does not get this from me but being the good mom that I am I try to get excited about the dogs too! Then we played in the dirt for a while - don't ask - and waiting for Artie to come home. The second year will truly be much more adventurous than the first. Emma Kate is more fun everyday - and mightly cute in my eyes too!!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I know Art was so impressed with his little ant follower. You might be in trouble if she's already opinionated about her clothes!!

    ReplyDelete