Today was EKD's first soccer game! And I am not gonna lie, Art said later today, "what if she really leads the US to win the world cup? wouldnt that be so cool?"! I love him! I love her! I love them together! He has big dreams and high hopes for this girl! But you know, if it turns out she detests soccer with all her being, he'll be just fine! After all, he has another daughter who already kicks the ball around the yard, and perhaps more to come. we'll see.
Anyway, we've been trying to prepare her. Telling her its really important to participate because after all, if you dont give it a real try, how do you know if you like it or not. I mean, when did WE BECOME PARENTS!!?? Agh! I just die inside sometimes at how much I sound like my mother! In good ways, but they are MOMISH ways. and now they are MY ways! Yikes!
Anyways, again, we got there, met her coach, got her jersey with "EK" on the back, #13 (arts college number), and got pepped. She was so excited. Ran right on the field, started doing 4yr old appropriate drills, practiced for 30 minutes or so and then it was game time. Y'all, it was so fun. The best part was that she couldnt stop smiling! It was priceless. And of course, I had the hugest grin on my face because hers (and Arts) was so big! I think she kicked the ball a couple of times, she definitely ran after it, so that was positive! All in all, day one of soccer was a HUGE success!
ALL DAY ONE OF SOCCER PICS HERE!
Anyway, we've been trying to prepare her. Telling her its really important to participate because after all, if you dont give it a real try, how do you know if you like it or not. I mean, when did WE BECOME PARENTS!!?? Agh! I just die inside sometimes at how much I sound like my mother! In good ways, but they are MOMISH ways. and now they are MY ways! Yikes!
Anyways, again, we got there, met her coach, got her jersey with "EK" on the back, #13 (arts college number), and got pepped. She was so excited. Ran right on the field, started doing 4yr old appropriate drills, practiced for 30 minutes or so and then it was game time. Y'all, it was so fun. The best part was that she couldnt stop smiling! It was priceless. And of course, I had the hugest grin on my face because hers (and Arts) was so big! I think she kicked the ball a couple of times, she definitely ran after it, so that was positive! All in all, day one of soccer was a HUGE success!
ALL DAY ONE OF SOCCER PICS HERE!
Oh!!! And then we get home later tonight, EK is out cold from no nap and running around the soccer field. we put her to bed without a peep and hang out with Harper for a while. Guess what Harper did!?!? She tt'd on the POTTY!!! Yes she did! I have a video but its a little too graphic so I am trying to edit!!! She's been "trying to go" before bathtime and as soon as I sit her down she says, "all done", but today she actually went. It was pretty cute (as cute as potty business can be anyway!!!) And NO, we are not beginning potty training, but I guess we'll continue with this once a day practice!!! Yay Harps!!!
stop it right now with darps! and way to go mia ek douglas. take it all the way to the world cup!
ReplyDeletesuch a big day for the Douglas family! Love both of your girls!
ReplyDeleteBrax is doing the same thing as Harps! After having Coltan here, Brax became very interested! Way to go Harper!!!
ReplyDelete