So anyway, all that to say, I am so excited to finally sit down here at the comp and share our latest life happenings. And how the Lord continues to provide, lead, and nourish us!
Currently it is 8:32pm. H is standing in the hallway yelling, "Daddy, Sissy has a question!". And EK is yelling, "Harper! Harper! Get in your bed!" Oh my. Go to sleep sweet children. Oh! Now Harper has a question! These kids are funny! Small group was supposed to be tonight, here. It was cancelled. So, Art took the girls for ice cream while I cleaned up AGAIN. Y'all - keeping a house semi - clean is getting easier. But it is not EASY. When will it be easy!?! Maybe when we dont ever come home to play? Or have a live-in maid who picks up things every time we put them down? I have no idea how people stay so tidy. It seriously baffles me. I dont get it. And honestly, I am jealous. If one thing could come easy to me, I would like it to be orderliness. Order. Ahhhh... must be nice. But, I'm getting better at it. It takes practice. And time (which is short these days).
The first week of April I had an offer I could not turn down.
Alice, who does not get enough airtime on this here blog, called to say this, "Katie, this sounds crazy, but I already asked Amy, and I think she is in. Do you want to go to the beach in two days? Just moms and kids." Ha! I think my mouth dropped. I immediately said YES YES YES!!! Of course! I said YES before the fear and doubt set in! Amy, Alice, Melissa and Katie. The four roomies of 141 Thomas Street apt 16. Together again. Oh yeah - PLUS EIGHT CHILDREN!!! Ha! I almost chickened out. After all, it was a 7 hour drive with two kiddos by myself. I could have bailed but I am so so glad that I didnt! It was amazing! it was so fun! I needed that! I was beginning to forget a lot of things of who I was 'back when'. Know what I mean!? We didnt really talk about anything circa 1990's but they knew me then. And it felt good to be with these girls who I had grown up so much with in my four years at Auburn. We shared so much joy, laughter, tears, sorrow, silliness, etc. This time it was different. So different BUT equally as good!!! Oh, it was good. Good for my sometimes weary soul. Good for my forgetful head. Good for my beautiful girls. Good! It was so good. And so unexpected! And such a perfect way to spend the first week of April. And I cant wait to do it again! because, even though I actually tried to leave early bc I was overwhelmed at times (i tend to be a little or a lot anxious). But I didnt leave. I stayed the course and am so glad I did! And was thankful people who could see past my craziness were with me!
Here are some sweet pics from these 4 days. I want to remember the joy of these days forever. We all three were in our own little heaven with our friends!


No comments:
Post a Comment