Tuesday, May 10, 2011

a little bit lately.

Today is day 4 of our week long adventure to St Simons. This place just feels like home. Its where we spent many summers of our childhood. Where Art grew up. Where he asked me to be his wife 8 years ago. And now where our girls are making memories of their own. Amazing! I am enchanted with this place. And I never cease to be blown away by Gods creativity and beauty! He must love us a lot to give us all of this!!!
Before making it here just before midnight on Saturday night we spent a few hours with Arts sweet parents for Mothers Day. Somehow I captured only a few pics, and they all have Curt instead of Flo. Sorry Nana!!! We met them at Hard Labor Creek State Park, about halfway between our homes, for a picnic and lots of playing! It was so fun! And the PERFECT day to do such a thing!!!
Last Saturday we spent our day picking strawberries at Adams Farm and enjoying Serenbe with our friends, the Dixons. Emma Kate and Harper have always loved Elizabeth. And now John is just icing on the cake! They love him too!!! If you have not headed south to Serenbe, please go! And if you have not picked some kind of fruit, I am telling you, you are missing out! Its a fun experience, I think with or without kids! And it makes me feel like a farmer. ha!
I have lots to report. And say/type. but my brain is off tonight. we are enjoying every moment of this sweet week. doing our best to soak up all we can of these moments with family. the weather is perfect. the food is yummy. the sunscreen is applied on the hour. and we are high on life right now. a super time to reflect and be thankful! And oh, I am so thankful! He is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment