Thursday, May 26, 2011

TMI

This is not a pity party.
This is just a pouring out of honesty.
Because I want other moms to know its "normal".
And because I like being honest!

This is hard.
Being a mom is tough.
Its a life long job.
And some days I feel like I cannot go on another minute.

I am so tired.
I feel so weak.
I want to cry.
I want to scream.

There is so much joy.
There is so much fun!
There is so much pride!
And love, and happiness, and life!

Its a gift. These precious girls.
With their big blue eyes. Their matching curls.
Their sweet voices.
They are want I have always dreamed about.
Why cant I remember that in moments that are tough.
I don't want to forget that they are my gift.
Every moment is a gift received from our Heavenly Father.

But some moments its just hard to see it that way.
I am committed.
When things get hard, I will not run away.
I will not feel sorry for myself.
I will look at this life for what it is.
An opportunity to glorify the LORD.
To raise up strong children who love Him even more than I do!
Who want to run around praising His name.
Girls who crave spending time with their Creator.
Who understand the importance of sharing this good news!

Its kind of an important job description.
I really didn't understand it AT ALL before.
I certainly get it now.
Thank you LORD for trusting me and believing in me.
And my sweet Artie.
For giving us these gifts, Emma Kate and Harper Livingston.
Thank you for living in our house.
For being here with us.
Please forgive me for getting so flustered in my time of distress.
You know we need you! You know we CRAVE you!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!




4 comments:

  1. well, that pretty much sums it up! :) well said my friend. you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a daily surrender for sure! I am always telling Brad I want to enjoy these gifts and not be so worn down.....
    You said it perfectly. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love posts like this...you're so good at keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete