Friday, May 20, 2011

Just another day in the ATL!

The last few days Atlanta has had one last cold snap. Well, if you call 30's for lows and 60's for highs a cold snap. I do. For May anyway.
Today is SO much better! A little chill this morning and this afternoon its getting HOT! Yay!!! Hello Summer! I am so glad you're here!
Art let me sleep late this morning. I couldn't move for some reason when the girls light came on at 645. Yay girls for staying in bed til then! Much improved! - mainly with H! First day ever of not coming out before her light comes on! Hopefully tomorrow we will see day 2. then 3. ...
when I finally was able to pry my eyelids open to the sight of emma kate rubbing my head and whispering I love you, i told her we would head to the zoo to celebrate this glory of this day!
It was such a perfect day to be at the zoo! We had the best time ever! Truly! A wise friend of mine told me to start at the playground. and we did. It was empty when we got there at 1015 and the girls had a blast for like 30 minutes. H was so proud of herself and Ek was climbing rock walls and rope ladders. We played CFA for a little while. It was great! Then we headed to the petting zoo, which I have not done in years due to the middle-of-the-night-throwing-up that followed after two separate visits. Pray for us tonight! So, that was like a major-league double hitter for this mom. I cannot stand playgrounds. I feel like I can see the germs all over them. Not to mention picturing my little darlings plummet 5 feet to break something. They just give me the heebee jeebees. I pale in comparison to most moms but i exceeded my own expectations (and of my children) when we conquered the playground AND the petting zoo without even breaking a sweat!! Yay me! The beginning of letting go! Praise the Lord for baby steps!
The girls were a complete delight today! A day that will go down in my top ten for sure. Their big eyes and huge smiles upon seeing each animal were priceless. With Harpers new found love for communication this was the first time we've really been able to fully enjoy the zoo with her. She was all up in some faces of goats and sheep (gag!), just asking about their day. She wants to ride every animal and get in so so close. I love her. Emma Kate brought pencils and paper so if she got tired of walking she could draw a little. And draw she did. Its so nice to be handed a day where we can just go with the flow. No plans. No agenda. Just me and my girls. And a few hundred strangers. And some really great animals.

22. An email from the college roommate - she got the job! Life in 2011 is looking up!
23. A private ballet recital just for me. From a really precious blond wearing purple legging and an Auburn cheer-leading outfit.
24. 80 degree temps.
25. She's on her way home! We have missed her!
26. A date with my husband. Oh how he loves me!
27. Waking up to her sweet little voice saying, " I love you Mommy!"
28. Just being a part of her growing up.
29. The way she talked to the animals today - like they understood what she was saying!
30. A stream of emails from A, A and M. Oh this makes my heart happy!
31. The butterfly we found today.
32. The joy that sweet creation brought to my family.
33. A fellow gardener in my 2yr old.
34. The way she steadied the hose to water the yard.
35. Anti-bacterial hand sanitizer. Need I say more?
36. A call from my sister. Just because.
37. A clean kitchen when the babysitter leaves.
38. The babysitter!!!
39. Miss Ashley. And the way she loves my girl. This brings tears it is such a gift.
40. Their sweet voices singing praise to our Lord and Savior everyday!!!




2 comments:

  1. hooray for a day full of germs and smiles - and keep the list coming. i love it. 1000 gifts rules. reminds me to head up and keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...Harper is no longer a baby. I've got to get over to Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete