Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dear Harper,

Do you know how much I love you? Do you, really? I often find myself with tears in my eyes because I feel in some ways I have ignored you or not been as attentive as I was when Emma Kate was your age. I love you so much. You are such a sweet and precious baby girl. When did you get so big? I look at you now through my tear-filled eyes and I cannot believe its the same you. The same little girl that once fit in my arms so snuggly. Now you flail and hang out all over the place. You run so fast. You like to see how many twirls you can do in a row before you fall to the floor. You call your sister 'mommy'. You are so outgoing. You talk to everyone. You are kind to everyone. You compliment complete strangers at the grocery store, the library, etc. You say, "I can't know" instead of "I don't know". You love the pool. You love it so much it scares me sometimes. You are fearless. You are not easily discouraged. You are great at patience and persevering. You never take me seriously when I try to discipline you, so why bother. You push the limits. You get away with it. You never take a nap unless you fall asleep in the car and I make a successful transfer. Your hair is, I think what they call, unruly. You like to wear my shoes. This week you started telling everyone who would listen that you will be three on your next birthday - is over 6 months away, but I am glad your excited! You've already got the three finger thing down! You adore your friends and I think truly care for them. Your eyes are humongous. I could stare at them all day.
You warm my heart sweet Harper Livingston. I know only 2 years have gone by and we have many more for me to show you how much I love you. I am so excited about beaching it with you next week. And skipping some naps. And making some sand castles. And being so silly.
You are awesome! I love you!!! And you know it! I know you do. I shouldn't doubt it!
You're the best!

3 comments:

  1. i have already decided i need a driveby the very first morning or second... so i can see her suited up. you know i've already teared up multiple times. yet again - you have to face the bittersweet moments ahead of me. love you sweet momma! she's going to continue to SOAR! -courtneymccluredefeomomofellalarsonfanofdouglasfam

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait - that was in response to the ek one. where did that go? i am such a flake lately. or always.-cmd

    ReplyDelete