You're in your bed. Are you asleep? Mmmmm....probably not. But you're in there! And I am thankful for that! Mommy needed a little rest today. Just a little. I'll be ready to play when you wake up.
You start Kindergarten in 17 sleeps! Okay, let the tears begin. I am so excited for you! And nervous for me! You are going to LOVE it! Honestly, I have no idea what to tell you to expect because I haven't been to Kindergarten in like 26 years. But I think there will be lots of new friends, a lot of writing, maybe a little math, learning to read, wearing a uniform, spanish, art, eating school lunch, chapel, p.e., lots of new teachers, Bible verses, football games on friday nights, laughing, giggling, big girl playgrounds without your mothers supervision, and lots more that I have no idea about. I am so thankful that we get to send you to the best school we could ever imagine! They are going to love on you and teach you so much. Lots of important stuff, but most important to your Daddy and me, they are going to teach you more and more about the only thing that really matters, Jesus Jesus Jesus!!!! Thank goodness they are going to help us raise you to love on Jesus! I am so thankful for this humongous blessing! Whew, I was worried for a while you would be going somewhere else, but no!!!! Hooray for your new school and new friends and carpool lanes, and mommy getting a little out of her comfort zone and learning a lot as well! This is going to be fun!
So between now and then we have lots to do! Chattahoochee rafting, campout and firefly catching, a plane ride and visit with Nana and Papa (and all that comes along with that trip to Wyoming), hopefully a movie with Ella, 5th birthday party planning, lots more swimming, uniform shopping, back to school picnic and open house, and then, whew, let the fun begin!
Babe, you make me proud. You are smart. So smart. You are inquisitive. Your memory is insane. You are compassionate. You love your family. You love singing. And always have a specific song in mind. You have fabulous reactions to good news! You love the summer. You are a mermaid in the water. You love your BFF! You love borrowing her clothes. And everything else. You just wiped my tears (bc you weren't asleep!). You could not love your baby sister more. You make my heart sing! You are terribly creative. You love soccer. Not so crazy about ballet but we're gonna give that another year! You call for me EVERY night. You still throw a good tantrum every now and then. If you didnt I would probably miss them. You, like your sis, have bright blue eyes that I could stare into all day. You are confident, except for when your shy! You love the library. You love to learn. And in a few weeks your teachers and new friends will know some of these things too!
I love you! You make me happy!
I love you! You make me happy!
You may not be the ONLY, but you'll always be the FIRST!!!
please see harper's post for my comments. :)-yourbud
ReplyDelete