This weekend we were good. Emma Kate is FINALLY getting super excited about it all! She cant wait! And as each day passes she actually gets more excited! I am so thankful for that! A week or so ago she was whining and crying and being all nervous. That may be how tomorrow morning goes, but I am hopeful she will just walk in so I can cry in peace in the car alone! : ) Not because I am sad, but because starting tomorrow someone else will be watching my girl from 8-2 every single weekday, and that is so foreign to me. I know it will be so so good for her and for us, but it is new and unknown and a big step for the girl that was just born yesterday. That was yesterday, wasn't it?
Then in the very next breath I think how excited and thankful and overjoyed and confident I am in this big step. Whitefield has been a dream. Just a dream. Not a reality. And its actually becoming a part of our reality. How did this happen? This is what I will be trying to think about every morning when I drop her off. And I know, I know, in like 2 weeks, maybe 2 days, it will be my new normal and I wont know how I lived any other way!
Whitefield is a part of our family. Dad, with a handful of others, spent many many nights working hard, praying hard, worrying hard over how in the world a school like this one could even exist. And sure enough, it does exist! And Em and Camilla graduated from this awesome place and now he gets to watch his granddaughter start here too! Amazing. Maybe that's part of what's making it more emotional for me too. There is a legacy here and we get to be a part of it! I could not be more excited to get in there and really get working for this school I truly believe in! Cannot wait to hear all about what she is learning and how she is being prayed for by her teachers and how they are learning how wonderful she is and meet the sweet friends she will make and what she is learning about our God. I cannot wait!!!!
So to add to the drama of me, and the huge tears I tend to cry when I get like this, on our way home today I heard Shane and Shane The One You Need. THIS SONG RULES!!! It says it perfectly! As much as I want to be there for my girls every single minute, I just cant. As much as I want to do everything right, I will not. I am not perfect, but thankfully we have a Savior who is and He is The One she needs through her whole life. I mean, I will be there too, but He is the One who matters most and this song just nails it from a parents perspective.
Tryin to make Auntie Em cry?
ReplyDeleteBoth my sweet Emma Kate's started kindergarten this year. How is that possible? Typically August is my crazy month, and this year was no exception, but I want you to know that your sweet family is on my daily prayer list. Love y'all so much! So excited for this next phase of life...for all of you. I need a picture of the Whitfield student in her cute uniform!! :)
ReplyDelete