Tuesday, November 8, 2011

the best medicine

Days like this wear me out. Around one o'clock I am done. Problem with that? Um, I have yet to do nap time (which really doesn't exist in our home anymore) and I still haven't picked up the big girl from school. Whew. I sat in carpool today wishing I could close my eyes and wake up in my bed.
Once I get to that point there is very little hope of recovery for the rest of the day. I think its part of pregnancy for me, but its possible its just a bad attitude. Very possible actually!
After getting home and then my failed attempt to get Harper to nap we headed outside (after an hour of tv for EK). Failure alert! No one would follow simple instructions. Jump ropes were being used at strangling devices, shoes were no where in sight, mean words were said, it was going GREAT!!! Yuck! EK was in time out twice (which I HATE doing after she's been at school all day). It was shaping up to be a really wicked afternoon. I sat in my old lady rocking chair for a minute, feeling sorry for myself. Kind of just crying out to God to HELP ME!!!! I am overwhelmed, and sad, and mad, and tired, and pregnant, and there is NOTHING wrong except for my mindset. Please help me snap out of it! Before I knew it I was dragging Harper and EK around the yard on a floatie from the dollar store, attached to the before mentioned jump rope. We were all laughing like crazy. We couldn't breathe.
It was awesome. Its rare. I want it to be normal. We were so in love with each other. And I didn't want it to end. Until I started thinking this baby boy might not be thinking all this bent over running and pulling and stopping and going was a good idea! It was so worth any pain that occurred because of it! I mean, look at this face!
Thank you thank you Lord for saving my day! It was no one but you! You get full credit for coming to the rescue and saving me from my own self-inflicted ridiculousness!!! Thank you for laughter. Laughter of daughters. Two of them you have blessed us with! God, you are good! Thank you! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. you're a great mom. so happy you got some giggles and surprise fun at the end of a hard day. hang in there! you're one amazing mom. i cant live without naptimes.

    ReplyDelete