I wrote this blog post about two weeks ago. About giving up a little so others can have a little more. The premise (for me) was to give up diet coke for the good of others, saving $2 a day to be able to make a difference for someone else this Christmas season. And perhaps to challenge others to do the same, to GIVE IT UP FOR GOOD. See, if you know me, you know my body runs on the bubbly calorie-free toxic beverage. And this is no small thing to give up for 60 days. And while its something I have my heart set on, I have still faltered along the way and I am feeling the need to fess up. I have had a few Chick drive-thru beverages however my total spending and intake has gone WAY down! So while I am here to say I am proud of the small moves I have made I still have a long way to go to really do it all the way!
So here's to GIVING IT UP FOR GOOD...again!!! Please join me in doing this! It feels like an easy (for some) and great reminder of how much we have!
Also my sweet friend Ashley sent me this link the other day. A sweet and thoughtful and encouraging way to say that indeed $2 can certainly make a difference! After reading this the thought crosses my mind to GIVE IT UP FOR GOOD FOREVER!!!! God is changing my heart, showing me new things, breaking me of habits, challenging me in ways I didnt know I need to be challenged. Sounds pretty deep for a DC fast, huh!?! Who knew giving up diet coke could be so spiritual!
Hope your Thanksgiving was perfect!!! Hooray for Christmas! Our tree is strapped to the top of our minivan as I type! Waiting for my golfing husband to come on home and unload it for me! Hooray for Christmas and celebrating the birth of Jesus, our Savior, in new ways this year! This year we are trying a few new things, like a Jesse Tree and 25 days of encouraging others this Christmas season!!! Woohoo!!! I am so excited about bringing Christmas to life this year for our family, starting some new traditions and hopefully succeeding in turning the focus from ourselves to others in really fun, meaningful and exciting ways! Stay tuned to my friend Courtney's blog, Lil Light O' Mine, for more info on this if you'd like to join us!!! Can you tell by my !!!!!!!!'s that I am super pumped about it!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Have a great weekend!
I LOVE this post! You go, girl!
ReplyDeleteI found your blog as I researched for a blog project. Would you drop a me a line, I think you might be interested in what I'm doing. bookgirl4 [at] att.net.
Thanks!
Jessica