Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Changes

You wouldn't know it by my blogging, but we have had some major family changes over the last 2 months!  Good things!  Great things!  Wonderful things!  Some not so wonderful things too, but most importantly we have a new member to the Douglas clan!
Our sweet Arthur William Douglas part two was born Thursday February 23!
Big sisters are in love! 

He is was tiny.  Now, not so much.  Quite a little chunky baby boy.  
Love me some sweet round cheeks and big round belly!  It is good to have a baby to snug with again!

The delivery was a piece of cake.  I say that now.  Truth is IT HURT!
But hey, its worth it!  Once that epidural kicked in though we were sailing smoothly!
Before that I am pretty sure I told Art I was NEVER EVER doing this again!


I am in love.  He is precious.  A gift truly from our great God.  
I didn't know what in the world He was thinking giving me another.
I questioned Him a lot.  A whole lot.
Doubted I could do it.
I can't.  Not without Him (and my very helpful husband)
Oh - and did I mention we are living with my mom too!  
She has been a GIFT with a capital G!  Holy smokes!
But He knew I needed them!  He knew.
And now, 2 months in, we are doing great!
All of us!

I have learned a ton about myself over the last 60 days too.
More of that to come.
Thankful to be living under mom and dads roof for just a few more weeks.
Our time with them has been priceless.
Its been neat to see our Douglas 5 grow closer too during this time.
We are figuring things out, I am thankful to say.
Feeling like Art and I are working together more.
For our family.
And it feels good.

So two months in - we say Welcome to the world sweet baby William!
We are sure glad you are here!
We needed you!
And we love you!
A whole lot!!!

3 comments:

  1. We DID need him! We love you William! I love you, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is beautiful :) As is your entire family. And MY GOODNESS...I could barely tell Harper and EK apart in those pics if it wasn't for their size! Harper's beautiful hair is full force now and they look so much alike!!!! Precious precious girls

    ReplyDelete