So last Monday, renovations officially began!
Its been a bit of a whirlwind...so many moments of God showing up when I needed His help! Usually in the form of friends lending there arms to pack and sort and move and organize!
It was unbelievable! I am so thankful!
Honestly had NO IDEA how much work it would take just to box up all the junk, push it into the living room and move everyone to moms house. It sounded simple to me! Which, by the way, was a way I think the Lord was protecting me from anxiety over that! I had a minor/major meltdown on Sunday afternoon to Art, explaining that I had NO IDEA how I was going to get all this done. I was flipping out! Sweet husband! We accomplished more than I thought we would that day and then the next day, Monday, mom showed up. Then one of her friends. Then another. Then one of their husbands with boxes and tape and paper. And within hours they were done. DONE!!!!!!! 90% of our house was packed up and we were ready to go. Y'all they were amazing! Seriously little worker angels that impacted me in a major way! I did not wrap one single thing. We had a huge pile for goodwill. And when Art got home later that night, he was so relieved!
Honestly had NO IDEA how much work it would take just to box up all the junk, push it into the living room and move everyone to moms house. It sounded simple to me! Which, by the way, was a way I think the Lord was protecting me from anxiety over that! I had a minor/major meltdown on Sunday afternoon to Art, explaining that I had NO IDEA how I was going to get all this done. I was flipping out! Sweet husband! We accomplished more than I thought we would that day and then the next day, Monday, mom showed up. Then one of her friends. Then another. Then one of their husbands with boxes and tape and paper. And within hours they were done. DONE!!!!!!! 90% of our house was packed up and we were ready to go. Y'all they were amazing! Seriously little worker angels that impacted me in a major way! I did not wrap one single thing. We had a huge pile for goodwill. And when Art got home later that night, he was so relieved!
House packed - check.
Tree pulled down - check.
Brick taken off and saved for later - check!
It was the perfect start to the project that I never really thought would happen until I saw it with my own eyes!
H doing what she does...watching TV...this time from on top of a box!
brick removed by hand so carefully.
its day ONE!!!
first night at mom and dads
please look at these angels!!!
the brick!
next day - back porch - gutted.
this door goes to our kitchen...looks a little different now!
Papa Curt making sure things are up to his standards so far!
how do they do this in ONE DAY!
blows my mind!
Let the games begin!!!
Cannot wait to watch this process!
And in the mean time spend some great time with my awesome parents.
Welcome a son!
Celebrate some birthdays!
And who knows what else!
I am just along for the ride!
And who knows what else!
I am just along for the ride!
And so thankful for it!

Not a big surprised that Mom Mom and the elves came to the rescue!
ReplyDeletePlease keep us updated as progress is made. I can hardly wait to visit when it's all complete...and there is a little boy added to the mix!!