So naturally we had to celebrate! My initial thought was, "what can we do with just the grandparents and family that will make her feel special?" I thought the GA Aquarium would be an easy choice. And worth the splurge for such a special day! When I mentioned that to Harper she could not have cared less. Not that she has any idea what the aquarium is, but I tried to explain it to her. I was getting no where! Like how I talk to my 3-year old like shes a peer!? Oops! So I said, "Harper, what would you like to do for your birthday?" She answered with "bowling"! What?! Excuse me, but how do you sweet girl know what bowling is? I have no idea where this came from. In August EK went to a bowling party. H was a spectator for a few minutes, and that is all I can think even gave her the idea that there was such an activity! Oh! Well, we do have bowling on the Wii...but I am not sure she has played that!
Anyway, after a couple of seconds I thought this could actually be really fun! So we rallied the troops! Nana, Papa Curt, Mom Mom, Papa Deeter, Aunts, Uncles and us! And we invited two friends too! We set the date, made the plan and had the best time!!!
Anyway, after a couple of seconds I thought this could actually be really fun! So we rallied the troops! Nana, Papa Curt, Mom Mom, Papa Deeter, Aunts, Uncles and us! And we invited two friends too! We set the date, made the plan and had the best time!!!
It was so simple and so fun and best of all my baby girl (who really was born yesterday, even though she says she's three) had a blast! She felt so loved and that was the whole point!!! Hooray for birthdays and family and friends who celebrate with you! We are so thankful!
Nana made the best pink and purple bowling cake ever!!!
Why would I post this picture? Well, you see, I am large! And it needs to be remembered and appreciated when we have a SON in a few weeks!
Sweet friends Katie, Farrah and LARSON!!!
Me and my sweet girl. I missed her so! But thankfully her mom made this for Harper!
And y'all, Harper LOVED IT!!!! Do this if you ever have an occasion to!
Sweet, happy, bowling birthday girl!
Uncle Nathan had to bowl with his left hand so he wasnt quite his usual bowling self!
And Dad pretty much dominated! Not that he cared or anything! Wink! Wink!
This makes my heart jump. Look at her face!










Where to begin? First...how is this chickadee three?!?! It just seems like yesterday that I learned the Douglas family of three would be a family of 4!
ReplyDeleteLove that cake...way to go, Nana! I've always wanted a bowling party, myself...maybe next year...and I'll definitely need a cake like that!
The cardboard of Tars is almost too much. Made me tear up. Love that she was there in spirit!
You look FABULOUS!! Can't believe you'll be giving birth to a boy in just a few weeks!!
And...last, but certainly not least...EKD. I LOVE THAT KID.
Happiest of birthdays to Harper Darper! Praying that the Lord does big things in and through her this next year.