What in the world?
Why do I wake up today just fed up?
With what?
I have no real idea.
I could make up a few things.
Like the rain outside.
Or the wet, tinkled-on sheets that I just washed yesterday.
Like feeling fat.
Or having no time to exercise.
Like not sleeping an entire night in 7 months.
Or watching blackberry jam being wiped down a perfectly clean uniform shirt.
But those are all just dumb things to let ruin your day.
Even I know that.
Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
So I look deeper.
I tell myself I hate doing laundry everyday.
The same sheets.
The same shirt.
As I did just 24 hours ago.
And then I tell myself I am a terrible, awful no-good mother.
Why?
Well, it was just the path I was on.
And I chose to follow it.
Because after all, I had a terrible tone in my voice when one wiped her hands on her shirt rather than her napkin. Ugh.
I have no patience.
The coffee pot is broken.
What? How?
Danggit.
And I felt myself spiraling out of control for NOTHING!!!
I felt stupid for allowing this to happen.
And it was just 7:15 IN THE MORNING!!!
I was already telling myself that I was a terrible mother.
An awful nagging wife.
Wow.
And then Art grabbed me by the shoulders and said something like,
"Are you really going to listen to these lies Satan is telling you?"
And that is all it took.
Satan is powerful.
Even his whispers can do a number on the unassuming.
Even when we expect it.
So right then I had a choice.
I could listen to the lies coming from the Father of Lies.
Or.
I could choose truth.
The truth that this is my life.
And its grand.
Sure there are things that are annoying, imperfect, and ugly.
But there is so much to be thankful for.
In each of the things I listed above I can find a blessing.
A truth that God is good.
And while Satan can try to take me over.
He will not.
He had my attention this morning.
For a short time.
And thankfully I realized it.
In time to take my day back and live today for Gods glory.
Raising my children.
Loving my husband.
Reading His word.
And just doing life.
This morning I am thankful for Art.
My sweet man.
For being louder than that the whispers of the lies.
That were trying to consume me.
Praise God!
No comments:
Post a Comment