Life with three. Man oh man! Is it wonderful! But man oh man, it makes me dizzy! So here is a random assortment of things that have happened lately. Basically I just picked some sweet pictures (and not so sweet) and will give a little recap! How's that. I want to remember REMEMBER REMEMBER these days! With my babies. As crazy as they are, they are short and so sweet.
Today was a whirlwind! Took ek to school, workout at the y, home for snack and diaper change, pack up a lunch, hop in car and head to gymnastics! This months classes started today and Harpers future Whitefield classmate, Katherine, joined with her today! So fun! They were definitely glad the other one was there but they also weren't stuck to each other, which I think is pretty great! These classes in Smyrna have been wonderful. So basic and fun and on the cheap side of things!!!
So...we have some chickens. Baby chickens. How crazy am I? Art wants to be a homesteader (or something). Pretty sure we were born in the wrong time period. However, I know there is something in the Bible that says we were made for our time, so I wont claim that. But anyway, probably much to our neighbors dismay, we have three little chicks in our garage under a heat lamp. Hopefully these little creatures will grow up, live in the home Art is about to start building, and bless us with the most delicious eggs we will ever eat. Hopefully!
For now, Harper has three new friends. They are her babies. And no, I cannot explain how I dispise Kangazoom with all of my being and yet will allow farm animals in my home. #makesnosense #icannotexplainit
This is the face I see too too often these days. Friends. We have hit some weird stage. Maybe its teething. Oh yes, I am sure thats what it is. This particular picture was taken just after his last bite of his popsicle melted. He the most precious baby boy I could ever imagine. Poor thing loves to be held, but it is really hard to hold 22 pounds in one arm and fold laundry, sweep, clean the bathroom with the other. He is officially walking now though. At 13 months! And a week I suppose. Today he walked way more than he crawled. He is so proud. As a natural born worrier, this makes me nauseous a little. I liked it better when his head wasnt so far from the ground. But I guess he had to learn sometime. I guess.
So, I am done TALKING about it. And ready to start DOING something about it. Finally exercising again. And clearly I have no shame as I am posting a pic of a treadmill as a fairly low speed. Whatever. At least I am moving again. And it feels pretty dang good, I must say! Thankful for friends who help hold me accountable and such as. Love a good workout and I am thankful this is back in my daily routine! Hooray! I bet Art is super glad. He's pretty much over hearing me complain about myself. So yay! Two birds with this one!
My sweet Dougy is back in soccer. And she loves it! And thank heavens for light blue jerseys! Can I get an Amen!!! She was sick for her first game, second was rained out, then it was Easter and now Spring Break, so we are 4 weeks in without a game, but she has loved practices and making some new buddies! Thankful for her to have this! And hey, practice is right before dinner and across the street from Jaliscos!!! BAM!!!
While most days are PURE PERFECTION (sarcasm), some days call for a few MUST READS. Sheesh. There are days I am driven to my knees pleading for help. God, why is this so HARD? God, what am I doing wrong? God, please give me patience? Lord, please help me, I cannot do this apart from you? And then I stand up and keep going. Thankful for a God who loves us. Who meets us where we are. Who knows what a job mothering is. Who made ME for MY KIDS.
These books have been so great to run to every now and then (when reading is possible). Love so many principles in each of these.
This one makes my heart hurt a little. My precious angels saw their sweet friends last week. We had a glorious night and day together, celebrated a birthday, shared some lunch. It was sweet. Thankful for the impression these friendships have had on our children. Hopeful and praying that it truly lasts a lifetime. I love all four of these girls. We miss them terribly but are thankful to be in Gods hand and know that they are too.
These two are absolutely MUST READS!!! Soak them up. They are gooooooood!
Love Does by Bob Goff and The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson
Also recently I have read Interrupted and Seven, both by Jen Hatmaker. They will mess you up in a good way. Ache your heart in an uncomfortable way and make you fall in love with Jesus in a glorious real way! And if I ever get a minute, I plan to change the world with what I've learned through these 4 books. Really! I'm not kidding. I'm not!
Post nap snuggies with the littles.
We've given no training wheels a shot! Day one went well! Weather hasnt cooperated too well since, but I bet we will give it another shot this weekend!! She was so proud. Pretty sure she had no idea the trainers even came off! ha!
![]() |
| Big girl on her 2 wheels! |










I love how you said "if I ever get time I will change the world". I literally just wrote that this morning in my journal. I was writing about how my heart has been opened to a new way of thinking/living...a more unselfish way...but right now I am just trying to keep everyone alive and there seems to be no energy or time to change the world..or even my thinking.
ReplyDeletePrecious friend, this is a precious post. And my baby boy is a nut right now, too! I cant put him down. I have one strong bicep and alot of undone chores. This too shall pass.
Love this post. It is like an iPhone dump. Those are my favorite kinds!
ReplyDeletei LOVE this! you are amazing and you crack me up. i love every word and every description. and do i spy a tie behind screaming william or a snake? and his large tears run in the family. miss you daily.
ReplyDelete