It all started with breakfast with all the girls in the wedding(and Art! ha!). We just piddled at moms house for a while. Then make-up by Amber, hair at Bob Steele, then it was picture time already. Whoa! It was perfect outside for pictures - anytime is a good time in my opinion to photograph the gorgeous Emily, but this was perfect! Alea Moore was her photographer and I can tell already that the pics are going to be unbelievable! What kind of mother would I be if I failed to mention that EKD was her flower-girl. She had her hair and make-up done that day, felth extra pretty in her dress and yes, she even made it down the aisle to retrieve her 5 lollipops (as promised!)!
Well - no more teasing - here are a few pics! Gracious - they are GREAT!!!!Dr Marsh did the vows - He also did our wedding. One thing that I have always thought about since our May wedding day 5 years ago was that he said we'll be "sweethearts forever". I just love that. And he said it to Em and BJ too. Its amazing how much more important these wedding vows, etc seem to mean when you are actually married!!! Ha! When your in it - even when its good, even when it great - its so good to be reminded of why we did this in the first place! I think I was "mmm.hmmm-ing" the whole time and definitely nodding a lot!
The reception left nothing to be desired- so fun, so stinkin fun!!! Emma Kate and I shook our tailfeathers for a while. Art and I danced a LOT!!!! We had so much fun with friends and family - all the while not worrying one single bit because Harper and EK were in really great care (at home with Nana and Papa!)
I received the Haistens Christmas card today (with this picture!)
and reality is beginning to set in. My baby is married - well, not MY baby, but my baby sister. And I love it! For so many years I have loved being the older, more "mature"sister, but now we are kind of in the same playing field. Its pretty cool. I am so thankful for both of my sweet sisters and look forward to our first Christmas with BJ!
and reality is beginning to set in. My baby is married - well, not MY baby, but my baby sister. And I love it! For so many years I have loved being the older, more "mature"sister, but now we are kind of in the same playing field. Its pretty cool. I am so thankful for both of my sweet sisters and look forward to our first Christmas with BJ!Congrats sweet Emily! I love you!!!
wowsers! gorgeous. that one of her kissing ek is just amazing. all of them are amazing.
ReplyDeleteloving all of the pictures...but that one of EK and Em is precious. a framer for sure. actually, it needs to be blown up, then framed. :)
ReplyDelete