Here I am. 30 years old. A wonderful husband (I married "up"!). 2 gorgeous girls. A loving family. An incredible church. God-ordained friendships. A warm house. A couple of cars. I could go on forever. But the most important thing in my life is the love of Jesus Christ. Without Him, I am nothing. Nothing. Thats it. Art and I have been so thankful to have been in two small groups together over the last 4 years or so. I think we have changed (in great ways) more than we may realize. I have been challenged to lean harder into the Lord, to seek Him first in all situations. It is so tough to do sometimes, but I am constantly seeing the fruit of this. The more obedient we have been to the Lord the more we have been blessed by Him. Its true! Its amazing! And I have to be honest, its kinda fun! Its fun to see God work, to see what His plan is for us. And to say, "Okay God. If thats what you want us to do, we'll do it." All the while we're really thinking 'YIKES - How is He going to make this work?'!!!! Only to realize later He was obviously with us the whole time. We've really been inspired to seek out situations where we can be used and to keep our eyes OPEN so that we can actually see the opportunites God brings for us to serve Him. I have a LONG way to go, but some baby steps have been taken. And it is amazing to see how much can change when I just try a little. I hope to lean a little harder, give a little more and trust more often. I cannot wait to see how God works over the coming weeks, months and years!
So here I sit. Art is taking his Sunday afternoon nap on the couch (with his new and improved cable in the background), my girls are asleep, I have just cooked a dozen meals or more for Saving Grace, there are clothes being "ironed" in the dryer so I can fold them, and life is good. God is here and I couldn't be more thankful for that!
great post. love ya friend.
ReplyDeleteThe Douglas family is definitely one that responds to the Lord and trusts in Him. What a treat it has been to see some of the ways that you have responded to His promptings. Striving to do more and more of that myself!
ReplyDelete