I love this picture! It just makes me happy. Taken by my sweet husband (we'll get to him later), of me with my sweet girls. Emma Kate's 4th Christmas and Harper's 1st was by far the best one ever! Amazing. Unexpected. Sweet. Meaningful. Happy. Joyous. It was a perfect day - really, a wonderful week. We spent Wednesday and Thursday night with Nana and Papa in Milledgeville and woke up to Christmas morning there! So fun! Thankfully Santa was able to find his way to their house so he could devour the cookies and milk we laid out for him. Emma Kate was more than a bit thrilled at the the thought that Santa had been there! It was so fun! We had such a great time opening stockings and gifts galore! Nana and Papa are so thoughtful with their gifts! Emma Kate and Harper now have Nana's babydoll cradle from when she was a little one. And I was of course, loaded up with cooking and sewing supplies! Yahoo!!!
After a tasty breakfast (made by my chef of a mother-in-law) we headed to Atlanta and spent the next few hours with the Deeter Fam! Mom, Dad, Nathan, Em, Camilla, BJ and June were all there to welcome us! We had such a fun time opening gifts, eating MORE, playing Wii, etc. Mom and Dad gave EK a bike. She was actually with us when we purchased it so of course, Emma Kate, just being herself let them know that she already had that bike - her mom and dad got it for her. It took a little convincing, but eventually she realized THIS was her bike and it was from Mom Mom and Papa Deet!
So, back to my stinking awesome husband! How did I ever land this guy!?!? Agh! He is simply amazing. The most recent amazingness was this past week when he sent me off with Mom and Milla to enjoy 4 days in NYC! He didn't even flinch, never uttered a complaint. He simply wanted me to go and encouraged that I not worry - not even a minute. Being the smart Georgia Tech Grad that he is, he quickly packed up the girls and headed back to Milledgeville where he knew he could get some help from his parents! Smart boy! They were all thrilled to see each other - and I dont mean to sound mean about myself, but I think things are a little more calm when I am not around - I mean, just for a few days. Everything can kinda be more lax - the rules and schedules kinda get thrown out the door! Ha! Its kinda funny that I even think that - like I am a really ROUTINE person or something! Sha!

No comments:
Post a Comment