Oh Holy Spirit. Come Holy Spirit. Thank you for Daddy's job. Thank you for the money he makes. Thank you God for giving Daddy his job at Trimont. Thank you for our house.
I love this girl. How does she even know about the Holy Spirit. Dont get me wrong - I dont think she really KNOWS what that is, I dont even understand it fully, but the thing is that its in her vocabulary. I am so encouraged by this child.
Today, God was so near, and so real.
The morning started off a little rougher than I would like. I got the girls to school then made some SGS deliveries. I saw an old friend at the big CFA who kinda looked like she was having a rough day. I said hello and told her I was staying at home with my girls these days. She was so encouraging and said something like this, " There is no harder job, no job that is more important. You will never regret making the decision to stay home. I know days are hard, but the return and the reward is immeasurable." Wow - I needed that. I needed that TODAY!!! How cool is God that He cares enough for me (and you) to place us right there at that time together so she could encourage me like that.
I am so thankful! Thankful that a few short hours later I could hear EKD talking about the Holy Spirit to her baby dolls at naptime. And then a litttle while longer saying prayers with Daddy. Thank you God! (in the words of EK) for everything!!!!
Not a bit surprised by those words of your precious EK. She is just saying what she hears modeled daily by her parents. Godly parents that praise the Lord in all circumstances.
ReplyDeletelove it. on days that I feel I could lose it- It is so important to remember how blessed I am to be able to stay home with my girls. It is something I never want to take for granted- going on 7 years now! It is a very hard job, but one I wouldn't trade for all the money in the world. Thanks for this post! Miss you!
ReplyDelete