Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Darps

Hey peeps! I feel like Harps needs a little shout out on here! EK gets most of the attention - both in real life and in the blogging world. Poor second born Harper! So my baby baby turns one in 17 short days. Sad and exciting! Its a little bittersweet. Art asked me this weekend if I was ready to turn Harper around in her carseat - what!?! What!?!?! No - I am not okay with this. No way!!! She was JUST born! Doesn't he know that! Ugh. News alert - she was born 11 1/2 months ago. February 6, 2009. I just cannot get over it! This baby, my baby is about to be one. How is that possible? I guess we should start talking about another one, huh!? NO - NOT YET!!!
So whats Harper Darper up to these days? Well, here's a typical day!

6:15am - wakes up ready to eat!
7am - has a little milk then back to bed to wait for the light to come on
7:25am - the light comes on
8am - time for breakfast - she sits at the table with us now - no more highchair! Eats all tablefoods - except for the things she can't have til shes one! Tonight she had salmon - can babies eat fish?
8:30am - play - she plays so well alone - sometimes with toys, but usually with things that are better left alone - like cords, dvd players, outlets etc. Don't worry - I dont LET HER play with these things - these are just her preferences.
9:30am - naptime
11am - play some more! she loves her Little People house, puzzles and I think her fav is the Leap Frog fridge thing that sings the alphabet!
12pm - lunch - this kiddo really like to eat - she definitely can eat more than her big sis!
1:30pm - naptime again - sometimes this goes well, sometimes not so well - depending on her sisters behavior that day! Again, poor poor baby!
4pm - more playing, maybe a snack, crawls around, gets into stuff, bangs on pots, definitely crying more these days at this time.
5:30pm - helps mom and emma kate get dinner ready with a little extra crying - the crying gets me to pick her up - which she likes A LOT!!!
6pm - Daddys home and she couldnt be more excited - starts shaking, laughing and saying "dada" over and over
7pm - bathtime, milk, bedtime routine
7:30pm Nighty Night!

then we go to sleep, wake up the next day and do it again!

Hm - everything has been more blurry with Harper than it was with EKD. I am not sure why except for the fact that I am caring for 2 this time around. Ek was crawling at 9 months, walking at 11. I can't even picture Harps walking right now - although she does give the walker a try from time to time. She says few words - dada, more, that and woof. Signs 'more' and 'all done'. and thats about it. She is crazy about her sister. Emma Kate can do no wrong in Harpers eyes - its awesome. EK is such a great big sis. I just cannot get over how well she has done. I am so thankful!
Video of Harps walking behind her walker coming soon! Sorry - too lazy to get the camera at the moment! Here you go!

and I thought you might enjoy this! Harper Darper joins us at the table! So fun!

2 comments:

  1. she is walking GREAT behind that stroller and i seriously cannot get over that precious thing at the table. too cute. ekd's bird nest makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot believe that your baby is about to be ONE! Seems like yesterday that you were raising your hand to tell me you were going to have a baby. :)

    LOVE the beard, Art!

    ReplyDelete