Me and Harper. Harper and Me. Harper and I. Hm. Well, anyway you want to say it, we just spent the last 5 hours together. Just the two of us. Glorious. God is GOOD. God is AMAZING. God knows just what we need just when we need it. Today, I needed this. I needed time with this special baby girl. This almost two year old. The precious ball of energy that continuously makes me smile and warms my heart. She is into anything and everything (she is two-ish you know!). She claps and sings in the car. She knows the words to Sugarlands song "glue" among others. She loves saying NO, but its much more palatable when its just the two of us! We ran a few errands tonight - in old navy, I let her inspect the mannequin dog for several minutes, and I mean several minutes. Then she needed to touch every other mannequin and their shoes. Then she checked out my shoes, I think to make sure they fit properly! : ) She's hilarious. I feel like I dont pause often enough to just let her explore. I do sometimes, but not enough. I enjoyed watching her little brain at work. We ate together at Jimmy Johns. We shared a sandwich, chips and a dc! They had some seriously great music in there tonight so we just sat at our table (well, she stood on the seat) and danced and sang. It was priceless. I want to do this more. With both baby girls, but separately. It was so wonderful to just focus on this precious angel. My eyes are open wide to the realization that I need to focus more on my children. I need to open them up and see what God has blessed us with. Its so simple and easy to get busy with life. I'm tired of being busy. I've been tired for a while and have been working on slowing down. Tonight has helped even more. I know whats important. This is what matters. This is what being a mom is all about. Harper let me rock her to sleep tonight. A dreamy ending to a picture perfect night with my girl. I am so thankful and look forward to many more nights like this one! Thank you LORD!
Friday, November 12, 2010
Just the two of us
Me and Harper. Harper and Me. Harper and I. Hm. Well, anyway you want to say it, we just spent the last 5 hours together. Just the two of us. Glorious. God is GOOD. God is AMAZING. God knows just what we need just when we need it. Today, I needed this. I needed time with this special baby girl. This almost two year old. The precious ball of energy that continuously makes me smile and warms my heart. She is into anything and everything (she is two-ish you know!). She claps and sings in the car. She knows the words to Sugarlands song "glue" among others. She loves saying NO, but its much more palatable when its just the two of us! We ran a few errands tonight - in old navy, I let her inspect the mannequin dog for several minutes, and I mean several minutes. Then she needed to touch every other mannequin and their shoes. Then she checked out my shoes, I think to make sure they fit properly! : ) She's hilarious. I feel like I dont pause often enough to just let her explore. I do sometimes, but not enough. I enjoyed watching her little brain at work. We ate together at Jimmy Johns. We shared a sandwich, chips and a dc! They had some seriously great music in there tonight so we just sat at our table (well, she stood on the seat) and danced and sang. It was priceless. I want to do this more. With both baby girls, but separately. It was so wonderful to just focus on this precious angel. My eyes are open wide to the realization that I need to focus more on my children. I need to open them up and see what God has blessed us with. Its so simple and easy to get busy with life. I'm tired of being busy. I've been tired for a while and have been working on slowing down. Tonight has helped even more. I know whats important. This is what matters. This is what being a mom is all about. Harper let me rock her to sleep tonight. A dreamy ending to a picture perfect night with my girl. I am so thankful and look forward to many more nights like this one! Thank you LORD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yay! yay! yay! love it my friend. i think this is something we need to schedule almost like dates with our husbands. dates with our kids alone. i am sure harper's blog post would be the same - about the time spent alone with her mommy. priceless.
ReplyDeletesucb a sweet post about time spent with your baby girl. Hard to believe she'll be two in just a few months! Seems like yesterday that you told me another one was on the way!
ReplyDeleteyour girls are gorgeous take care of them
ReplyDelete