We have rich people problems. Poor us, right? I find myself complaining all the time. I am tired of talking about money and what that brings. Trying new budget strategies. Talking about how much I spend on groceries, at the Loft, on the credit card, to fix the car, on dinner with the girls, on diet coke at chick-fil-a. I'm over it. I wish money would just go away. Or maybe I wish we had more of it. But what would that do?! I only think it for a minute before I am brought back to the reality of ALL that I have. And not just material things. I have a Savior. I have a husband who loves me. I have children who are healthy and happy! I am often brough to tears when I think of all the situations the LORD has been faithful to us. And I am brought to my knees when I think about what He may do for us in the future. And not because we deserve any of it, but because He wants and deserves all the glory! And I tell you, ANYTHING good in my life is from HIM and HIM ALONE! My hope is that we will shout from the mountaintops how faithful GOD is. How righteous He is. How deserving of Praise He is. How BIG, how just, how fair, how true, and strong, how loving, how powerful, how all-knowing, how compassionate He is. He is all of this and more. I wish I would cheer for Him like I cheer for my Auburn Tigers! People would think I'm a weirdo, but maybe I should do it anyway! Ha! So look for me on your street corner! Not really of course, but I do often pray for opportunities to SHOUT HIS PRAISES!!! And I am pretty sure glory is not being given to Him when I am pouting about finances or a small home, or a finicky car. So, SEE YA, pity parties over wanting more! I have immeasureably more than I could imagine. Which I guess means I dont need those Tory Burch wedges for Christmas! :)
Heres to a wonderful, limited-stress Christmas season! Full of hope and joy and excitment!!! And thankfulness for my rich person problems!
love it. love your heart. great reminders.
ReplyDelete