My word for 2010: Intentional
And I think I can actually say, I have been much more intentional this year. Mostly with my time. I still run around in a frenzy sometimes, but much less than in 2009. I have become involved in activities that are helping me grow in my relationship with the Lord and some that are helping me give as well, which we all know really means I am GETTING more than I am GIVING! Thats just kinda how that works, I guess. One thing I have just started is volunteering once a month at Woodson Elementary. I need to take a pic next time I go! I know they seem to have fun while I'm there, but big picture, I will learn more from these 5/6 year olds than they will learn from me (that's assuming they are learning from me)!
A huge prayer this year has been for OBVIOUS OPPORTUNITIES! I need things to be so easily available and like literally calling my name. Otherwise, I will completely miss it! In August I began volunteering at our church. It was a LOUD and CLEAR invitation to serve. Thankfully. Once again, I am gaining more than I could possibly give. But I guess its all perspective, because they seem to think my help is a big deal! Its win/win I guess!
I got to the end of 2009 wishing I had more to show for myself. Not that I am who I am because of what I do. But 2009 was a rollercoaster of a year with a newborn and a 2 year old Emma Kate. I felt completely lost, with little or no purpose. It was a sad spot to be in and a deep deep hole I was yearning to climb out of. I would cry out to God to give me purpose. I wanted so badly to do His will for my life as His daughter, as Arts wife and as the mother to two gorgeous daughters. Slowly my eyes were opened wider, my heart becoming transformed to see who God is and how much He longs for us to count on Him, and Him alone.
I have so much work to do, but I am so thankful that this groundwork has been laid. I hope I never go back to where I was in 2009. And I am looking forward to 2011. God is so good. There is so much hope in who God is, in what He has done and in what He will do! Thank you God for all you are working on in my life and in the lives around me. Please comfort those who are hurting in more ways that we can even count. God, you are good! So good. Please help us see that you are at work even in the midst of trials, big and small.
A definite goal of 2011 - more pics and videos of Harper Livingston. She deserves more! Here's a little more Harper love for those who love her!
Amen!! I never heard Godincidences called Obvious Opportunities, but love the term. We are so blessed in more ways I can even think! Of course, y'all are at the top of our list. We are particularly grateful for the way that you and Art live out your faith and that you are starting the girls at an early age on their path to faith. Love to you all!! Nana
ReplyDeleteamen is right. love it katie. thanks for sharing. and could eat that harps right up.
ReplyDeleteI've been forgetting to check in since you've gone under the radar! Love this little clip of Harps...with exception of that part about the auburn cup!!
ReplyDeleteReally love the post on intentionality though! You rock, Katie! Thanks so much for sharing. Praying that next year will be one of intentionality for us both!