Saturday, December 18, 2010

7 days!!!

Is it really December 18th! This is crazy!
We have had a full week. I dont even know if I remember it all, but it included Sunday spent in Newnan visiting our sweet friends, Art's 32nd birthday, Emma Kates brief ballet show, getting emissions test done on both cars, Santa with Ella and 4 sets of gparents, gift wrapping party, 3 days at Waumba, a visit to Woodson, some time at the y, a visit to Grandmama, a dislocated elbow (harper), dinner at the Nolans complete with some ice-sliding on our way home, Christmas play at Waumba, dinner with our awesome small group, picking out our new minivan (we're welcoming it to our family next week!), doctor visit with harper, dinner at Ansley with the Deets, what else?
I knew this was going to be a crazy week! Because ALL weeks are not always like this, I was kind of excited to be getting to do all these fun things! But I must say, I am thankful that week is over. And now its time for CHRISTMAS!!!
I cant believe it! Theres so much to do! I got a jump on Christmas shopping in October but um...most presents are in the top of Arts closet - unwrapped! Oops! Anybody want to come over to wrap gifts together? It would be WAY more fun!?! We could drink hot chocolate or something!?! Please! Anyone!
We started off our Advent thing with a bang. well, guess what, i think we made it to day 7. maybe day 9. I have lots of great ideas - poor follow through. I'll be working on that!!!
We have had a lot of fun and a lot of learning this Christmas season! As we left church on Thursday, about 40 men and women were walking in - they were from the Atlanta Mission (I think) and we being baptized that afternoon. We weren't able to stay and watch but we did have a great chat with Emma Kate about being baptized. It was so neat. She said she's ready. We assume she's not really able to make that life decision, not yet anyway, but I certainly am thankful that she does know who Jesus is, that God loves her and that life with Him is certainly sweet. I am thankful for opportunities like this to talk to my 4yr old. She wanted us to turn around and go back - thats how ready she was to show people that she loves Jesus too, and that He is her Lord and Savior. Pretty neat!!!
We made our cookie dough today (Harpers first experience with the Kitchen Aid!)- plan on baking and decorating tomorrow! planning on it! : ) Let you know about that LATER!!!
Dinner/game night for Jon Nolans birthday! This should be fun! A little healthy competition!!! And a date night too!!!
Our sweet friends the DeFeos have been down and out for 5 days now with some kind of bug. We are ready for them to be well so we can have our 2nd annual Mommy/Daughter visit to starbucks and then to check out some Christmas lights! If you know of any great ones nearby let me know!!!

Here are some pics of our fam - from Thanksgiving til now.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Lots of pictures!

1 comment:

  1. MINIVAN?!?!?!? I'VE GOT TO GET OVER THERE!!! SO JEALOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete