Tuesday, May 29, 2012

my babies lately

So my baby is 3 months old.
Excuse me, who gave this little nugget permission to get bigger?
Eek!
Its all moving too fast!
Slow down for just one minute!
Puh-lease!!!

William,
You are my angel.  Oh my goodness.  You have the brightest blue eyes, the sweetest toothless grin I ever did see, and you are such a happy happy boy!  You have rolled over a few times but I think you hated it so much you have decided to quit that for now.  You are such a little trooper riding around town with your sisters some days! Some days you pipe up and let me have it for putting you in that car seat one more time.  Sorry about that.  At 12 weeks you sleep through the night.  Baby boy, do you know what a big deal that is?  What a game changer that is for me and your Daddy?  We woke up at 715 this morning!  People with three kids don't do that! BUT WE DO!!!
Baby boy, I had no idea how amazing you would be.  You are my sweet gift of a son.  We have lots to learn about you still, but I am so excited.  And I am thrilled to watch you grow.  Not too fast though sweet son.  Thank you for taking it easy on us.  For being such a go-with-the-flow kinda boy.  We owe you big time! I love you so much! I love hugging you and kissing you and smiling with you. You make me happy!  So very happy!

Harper Darper,
Girl, you have me wrapped around your little chubby fingers. Oh my goodness.  I cannot get enough of you sweet baby girl.  The way you talk.  The way you laugh.  The way you gesture.  You love like I have never seen.  You are so thoughtful and patient and funny and smart.  I love you so much.  I just want to hold you and bottle you up and keep you like this forever and ever.  You are growing too fast.  It seems in the last 3 weeks you have just changed.  Matured in some way.  You make good 3-year old decisions. You are careful but not too careful.  You swim like a fish.  You are pretty stinkin confident.  Only shy sometimes. You make friends quickly and dont mind getting turned down a time or two.  Its often that i see you shrug your shoulders after getting turned down by a playmate only to walk off to the next one to see if you'll have better luck.  I am learning from you and its kinda cool.  Because of you I walk up to strangers and say hello when I used to be too scared.  You love watching TV.  Does not seem to matter what you watch as long as its a "kid show" as you say.
you are the best sweet girl!  thank you for being you!  because the You that you are being is AWESOME!!!  I consider it a privilege to be your mommy girl!

Dougy (also known as Emma Kate),
Sweet EK.  Have you really just finished up Kindergarten?  Say its not true!  Would you consider doing it again?  Pretty please? You actually might agree if you could have Mrs Bounds and Mrs Coons as your teachers again.  Just the other night you broke out in tears over having to leave them.  My, how that made me sad but also thankful.  Sad that I know how you really must feel about being scared to move on to something new and unknown, but thankful that these women loved on you so well that you love them right back.
Emma Kate, this year in school you have learned to read, memorized entire chapters of the Bible, made new friends, woken up early, done all of your homework, learned all kinds of important things and had a lot of fun!  I am so thankful you get to go to Whitefield.  What a blessing this school has been for you and for our family.  I was so sad leaving you there the first few weeks.  I would call Mrs Courtney crying sometimes because I didnt want you to be sad or scared.  But you stuck with it and by Christmas you were all settled in!  Way to persevere sweet girl!  You make me so proud!  But more importantly you have made your Creator proud! He knows what you can do! And He is proud of you when you do your best and that is certainly what you have done!
I am so excited to have you home this summer!  No more early early mornings!  A few more late nights!  Lots of snuggling, and reading, and swimming, and just plain old having fun!  You are the most amazing 5 year old ever!  You seriously fill my heart with joy!  I love watching you try new things. I love your 5 year old mannerisms and they way you say like in that new valley girl voice you have.  Its weird. But I kinda love it! You seem so grown up sometimes I have to remind myself that you are only FIVE!!!!
Hooray for summer baby girl!  We have lots of memories to make over the next 10 weeks!
Lets get to it!
I love you!

Love,

Me!


3 comments:

  1. oh my word. such sweetness. i love how you love each kid so deeply, so perfectly. love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, so sweet. Print this, frame it, hang it in their rooms. I would treasure these words from my mom! It's funny - mine are younger but I feel the same about their personalities. Maybe the birth order stuff really does make a difference? I hope we can get together with yall soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet and smart big sister. I love you and your 3 amazing kiddos.

    ReplyDelete