Friday, August 3, 2012

The luckiest girl in the world

Thats me!
The luckiest girl.
I have so much to be thankful for.
At the top of the list, our Savior. Who has saved us, the undeserving.  Wow.
Then, the most incredible, meant just for me, best husband I could not have even imagined.  Unreal.
Marriage is work.  Hard work.
But oh man, when it's good, it can be really good.
These last few months have been a little challenging.
And I am overwhelmed with thankfulness for my selfless, hard working, smart, loving partner in crime.
He's ridiculous.  In a good way.
I can have an all out freak attack and he loves me.
I can yell and scream and cry and pull my hair out and he loves me. (not that that ever actually happens)
I can say I am eating better then beg for some ice cream.  He loves me. And gets me ice cream!
I can spend too much money, and he loves me. Then asks me nicely to return it!
I can be just plain ol mean, and he loves me.
Some days when I get frustrated that things aren't perfect something just clicks inside.
Maybe its the Holy Spirit, I don't know.
But its this sense of reality of how great I have it.
There is no one on this earth that was meant for me other than this one.
I know there are many who think there can't be just ONE for you.
But I truly cannot imagine there being someone else out there in this world who could treat me the way Art does.  Who loves me like he does.
I am still figuring out how I was made for him, BUT I am thinking my prime is yet to come.
These baby birthing years are tough.  I am seriously hopeful that I will get back to being ME, the one I kinda think got lost about 6 years ago.  I get a little glimpse of her from time to time.  I like her.  I miss her. And I look forward to when she comes back around more often.

As of this past Wednesday, we have lived with my gracious parents for 6 months.
In some ways its been short.
And in some ways it has been a long 180 days.
whew!
I am happy to SHOUT that we have our CO!
We can move back home!
However, this will be a process with three little ones around.
Doesn't make moving too easy when you have to think about the kiddos, but we will get it done!
And soon!

I have believe it or not enjoyed having this time with my mom and dad.
They have really gotten to know our kids.
They knew them before but now they REALLY know them.
And I love that.
With all my heart.

Honestly, I have had my moments.  More than I would like to admit.
Its embarrassing.
Why do I cry, when things really are so good?
I mean, COME ON!!!
Pretty sure everyone here has seen me cry.
More than a time or two.
But here is the reality,
in the last six months we have had a few life changes.
Mostly great.  Great, but exhausting.
And I am hormonal.
I'll just say it,
And can I tell you - my husband has literally not complained one single time.
He is rare. He has lived with his in-laws for 6 months and not one ugly word has passed his lips.
How many people could do that?
Not that he would have anything to say, but still, I think thats pretty rad!

I am so ready for the next phase of the Douglas family life.
We have been waiting for this.
Trying so hard to be patient.
I am so pumped!
My home feels so strange to me when we visit.
I wonder how long it will take to re-adjust.
Its like a new home.
Something tells me it won't take long!

Just a few more sleeps in the basement with my angels until we separate into 3 different rooms!
WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment