I love this board for so many reasons tonight:
- My Art made it for me
- Painted in wythe blue just like our dining room chairs and back door
- Christmas...in glitter...perfect
- 6 year old hand writing
- $5 wreath from Trader Joe's
- A sweet note from a sweet visitor today
- Our Light 'em Up list for the week: WE WILL GIVE BIBLE LESSONS TO PEOPLE!
Praise Jesus for little hands that write His mission.
Praise Jesus for little hearts who know what is important.
Praise Jesus for little people unashamed of the gospel.
Praise Jesus for little Emma Kate who wants to share what she knows is so true. And so important.
My heart rejoices in knowing that Emma Kate has asked Jesus to be her Lord and Savior. She is anxious to be baptized, ready to go for it, but nervous of being in front of others. Her time will come soon I think. I can see it in her eyes and hear it in her nervous laugh as we talk about it at bedtime. When baby sister Harper is already snoring and drooling across the room.
I want to jump to the sky when I hear her say, "Lets go tell people about Jesus so everyone can know about Him." And then I want to crawl in to a hole because I am too afraid to do that. Too afraid to offend. Too afraid to knock on a door of a stranger. Ashamed, no. Afraid, heck yes. Afraid of what, I don't really know. But it is not likely you will find me witnessing outright to a stranger. Or even to a neighbor. I am a more beat-around-the-bush type of witness. Gotta love that! I'll take you a casserole. Tell you about our small group. A book I am reading. Tell you I will pray for you. Be overly kind. Smile really big. Say thank-you. Look you in the eyes. You know, nice Christian stuff.
I think all that is great. Don't get me wrong. That's all GOOD! They may see my good works and glorify my Father in Heaven! I hope!
But as my daughter, the same age as those sweet babies who were senselessly killed this week, tells me we need to tell more people about Jesus, I can't help but feel in my gut that SHE IS RIGHT! We need urgency. I need urgency. This is important. It can't wait. WE WILL GIVE BIBLE LESSONS TO PEOPLE! We will share His GOOD GREAT WONDERFUL NEWS! This world is clearly overly screwed up. We need a Savior. We have a Savior. And before He comes back again we need each one to know who He is.
I think I have stumbled upon a goal for 2013. Getting out of my comfort zone even more. And being unashamed. Unafraid. Bold. Eager.
I think I have stumbled upon a goal for 2013. Getting out of my comfort zone even more. And being unashamed. Unafraid. Bold. Eager.
Oh man. I am nervous. Maybe Emma Kate can help me!
Somebody help me remember this. Because by Tuesday I will probably forget. My brain is embarrassing.
I love this! I love your chalkboard, your girls, and you my friend!
ReplyDeletelove this chalkboard!!!
ReplyDelete