Thursday, December 20, 2012

Mr Robert is his name

He visits our house every single day.  Except Fridays and Sundays.
Some days he gets a wave.  Or a visit from a cute blondie.
Most days he gets a mailbox thats falling apart and can't quite hold its door shut.
But he is faithful. Rain, snow, sleet or hail.
He's constant. Sometimes slow as Christmas, but usually not.
And his name is Robert!

We met Robert just a few days ago.
For a couple of years we have had all different mail carriers.
For a while it was Mr. Wiley.  We got to know him and then he was gone.
Then came a few more.  Evidently no one wanted this route.
If they had known what cute kids lived at 2160 and all around I am sure they would have jumped at the chance!

We were outside on a 70* December day.  And finally met him, asked him his name, and drumroll please...remembered his name!!! Bonus Points!
Mr. Robert is our permanent mailman!  Hooray.  I am not sure why this is a big deal except for the fact that if I had his job I would really be curious about who lived in all these houses.  I would probably judge by the cars out front or the catalogs they received.  I am sure he doesn't do that.  But at least now, if he does, he can judge us by something.  And thankfully that something is what just happened.

Arts gifts came today.  So Mr Robert came to the door, bringing packages and thanking us for Emma Kate's note yesterday and the CFA calendar we left for him. Her note had JESUS written all over it.  And "Marry Chrimas!" After all, this girl, as mentioned before is absolutely unashamed and sold out and also working on her spelling!  He had a big gap-toothed grin.  I could just hug him.  He said it will be on his desk in his office.  He is a pastor in McDonough. He also helps lead a church in South Africa.  Leave it to me to mention the second coming like 30 seconds into our conversation and how we all need to do our part to be sure everyone hears the name of Jesus.  It was my way of saying thank you for ministering so far away.  It was a little mini-Bible study in the pouring rain on my front porch.  And I was soaking up every minute.  I mentioned its sometimes hard to see how you fit in God's big picture (how do I just spit this stuff out?) and is this all I can do?  He said, "Once I began seeking God's will for my life, I never looked back.  Do not doubt where He is taking you.  Only the enemy makes you doubt."
Well, thank you Mr. Postman.
I am glad we met.
And I look forward to more sunshiny days with you!

1 comment:

  1. i just love you and these are the moments that confirm that 2160 is home.

    ReplyDelete