It seems like a miracle. Maybe that seems like too much, but I am truly thankful!
We have sucessfully moved Harper into her room with Emma Kate. Last night was night 5 - and the last two mornings I have woken up not to a sound machine or a baby crying but to the birds chirping and sun coming up. What? What a whole new life! I know things are subject to change but Friday and Saturday night will go down in history - Emma Kate and Harper shared their sister room from 9pm to 7am in complete silence! Ahhhhh!
The first 3 nights, H woke at 4 (which was typical for her) and we would let her cry for several minutes - 20 maybe - but then I would cave and send art in there to put the passy in her mouth and she'd be out til 630/7. In all that crying - not a single sound from Emma Kate - isn't that weird? She has ALWAYS proven me wrong in these big transistions. Big girl bed, potty training, the arrival of Harper, sharing her room with H, etc - she passes these tests with flying colors.
So anyway, our baby is now out of our room and our BABIES share their room. Sad but Super all at once.
So to put it simply - these days are hitting the more challenging stage for us lately. Not sure what it is exactly, but days just seem more difficult. I think its mostly me, but we can always count on a few tantrums from ek most days so that sucks the energy out of me. The days I have nothing planned seem to be best for all of us - less crying, less fits, more laughter and more joy.
We have had a super weekend though and are looking forward to a super week! My sisters are watching both girls tomorrow so I can go do my civic duty in Fulton County Court. Yikes! Last time I was chosen for a trial - hopefully not again tomorrow. EK has her first swim lesson of the season this week too and her last week of school so that'll be a little sad. Looking forward to a really fun summer though! Anyone with a pool - we will gladly come and visit! :)
Thats it for now! Just a big YAY for Harper sleeping with her sister and Emma Kate handling it so beautifully! I am so proud and excited for both of them!!! A couple years down the road will be a funny and laughter filled bedtime I suspect!
oh, i am SO thrilled for you and the room situation. that isn't weird - it's God working in the small things of life. actually, that's not small - that's BIG! so glad. you are welcome at my pool anytime, always invited.
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! So proud of those two little girls. Can't wait to see the room tomorrow!
ReplyDelete