Thursday, May 21, 2009

Will the real Emma Kate please stand up!

I sometimes think this kid has two personalities. Seriously. BUT - somehow, lately (by the grace of God) she is erring more on the side of her that I LOVE!!! Fewer tantrums this week! Yay! More happy moments! Yay! More obedience! Yay! Less WHY's!?! Yay! Just an all around good week. And I tell you, I needed it. 2 year olds are tough. Art keeps trying to remind me that I need to think about all of her really great qualities when in the middle of a tantrum so I don't get really down about it. I know he's right, but thats a little tough when that tantrum hits. We're working our way through this interesting life though!
Here are a few funny Emma Kate isms that we've heard lately!

When putting EK to bed, Art said, "Emma Kate, going to be is not a time to cry, okay?" EK: "Ok Daddy. But can I cry when shark eats me?" Art: " Sure Emma Kate, you can cry if a shark eats you, but I don't think that's gonna happen!"

EK to Autie and Milla: " You go hide, you go hide, I go hide. ok?"
Milla: "But who will come find us?"
EK: Hmmm...

Her new favorite words are "amazing" and "tanfastic". I love hearing these words come out of her mouth - she sounds so grown-up, kind of.

To MomMom last night after getting home from Fla: "MomMom, you have good trip?" I mean, I did NOT tell her to ask this. She just knows that is how to be kind. I love it!

She's always so so proud of her baby sister and is still showing her off to all her friends and strangers we see around town.

She's always convincing someone to give or buy her a treat. We just cant take that precious grin and usually give in!

She got my wallet out yesterday and said, "Mommy, I going shopping, okay? You need something while I go? I'm going to CVS, Costco and target, okay?" Then I was the cashier. She called me lady and handed me some money and said, "Here lady. Here lady - here's my money. Thank you!"

I need to remember these always - she's stinkin cute and makes my day everyday!
Harper is still AMAZING!!! Pretty content most days - an occasional bad afternoon but thats to be expected. They are now sleeping and napping together. Harper is so in love with EK its sweet. Anytime she sees EK she just gets the biggest grin. She loves the bath just like EK did, laughs all the time, plays with her toys on her stroller and carrier - she's just doing great! I guess in a few weeks we'll be starting rice cereal and get some pretty messy photos from that! Stay tuned!

Headed to Lake Sinclair this weekend! yay! One last visit with the Papa and Nana before they head west.

No comments:

Post a Comment