Sunday, June 7, 2009

A really really REALLY super week!

Can I go back? We just got home Friday but already I want to go back. St Simons Island, GA is my favorite. I honestly dont think I can tell you why I like it there so much. Its just special. I want to live there. If anyone will find Art a job and move with us down there, I really think I would go. At least for the summer. I often wonder if I would like the small town living. My only time living in a small town was Auburn, and I think that is WAY different as a student.
Anyway, we had a wonderful time. Emma Kate LOVES the beach, the pool, her goggles and swimmies. She was so happy there. And when Emma Kate is happy EVERYBODY is happy! (in our family anyway!) My mom and Em came down last Saturday followed by Dad and Camilla on Monday. Camilla tried out for SYTYCD on Monday so they were a little late in starting their vacation.
Our typical day started at 630, on the beach by 8, play for a while, swim for a while, walk the mile long stretch to mom and dads house, have lunch, take a nap, back to the beach or pool, then dinner. sounds terrible, huh? Art and I have been exhausted since our return. I guess it was more work than we realized at the time. We just both come alive there. It felt so good to be there with him and now our TWO children. Is that even possible? For some reason, almost 3 years into this whole being a mom thing, I still pinch myself to see if its true. Its weird - I just dont feel grown-up enough for this.
Here are a few pictures from our fabulous week - my sisters took more and I'll get those asap. I'll just say that my lack of picture taking does not represent our lack of fun. I guess we were just too busy playing to grab the camera!
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. yay! so glad u had a great week!! how did u fit doublejogger and luggage! dont move, k? just vacation often. we missed all of u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad y'all had a great time! What fun memories you're making! Love all of the pictures!

    Missed y'all so much...can't wait to see everybody!

    Oh...and how did I miss out on the SYTYCD tryout? One of my favorite shows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love St. Simons too! Love beach trips with kids- so much fun! I totally get you on the whole "sometimes I have to pinch myself" thing- I feel the same way! Is this really my life?? I'm so thankful it is! Yeah for mommyhood! See you soon- CAN'T WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you think you can dance, dance, dance.

    LOVE YOU MISS YOU.

    ReplyDelete