Ah! Date Night! Yahoo!!! Last night was not the first time Art and I have been out together since Harpers birth, BUT it was the first night I was able to chill out and really enjoy our time together without worrying about if she was crying or hungry or whatever! Praise the Lord!!! Thanks to Jon and Ashley who were so sweet to swap kid-sitting with us! As I type, Marshall is snoozing in our bed waiting for his parents to come and get him! Art and I went to La Fonda, where we went on our first date 9 years ago. Whoa! It was so tasty and so fun! We had great conversation - it was just plain good! I was reminded (as I am often) of how much I love this man and why! We ran a couple of errands - interesting how easy it is without the babies and then as we were getting back in the car Art overheard a man saying, "We just need to find someone who can help us so we can find somewhere to stay tonight." So, long story short, we were trying to help - heard this mans VERY LONG story, offered to help, called a hostel he mentioned. The lady who answered the phone at the hostel described the two people in detail and was quick to tell Art they were conning us. Ugh! WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS!!! I gave Art the remaining $6 I had in my wallet (I didn't know about the con) and they left. It is so stinking frustrating that people do this. They prey on our generosity and make it hard for people who want to help actually get to help people who really need it!!! I have several stories about this kind of thing - and want to know what you think. Do you assume EVERY person is a con-man and never give anything? Do you drive around with food in your car and just give that out instead of money? Do you hand out $20 bills or whatever you have? Thankfully we only had the $6, bc Art said, "If I had more I probably would have given it to them without calling." Oh well, I was upset about that, but decided to pray for them instead. Then guess what!?! We went to...drumroll please...KRISPY KREME!!! Yum! Emma Kate polished the remaining doughnut off today! A girl just like her momma!
THEN - tonight we have Marshall. EK and H were at the Nolans so Marsh came our way today! We dined at Fellini's. The kids were so great and had so much fun! Just a good night!
Saturday, June 27, 2009
The Weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ok, sitting here jealous of your date night and time with marshall. so glad y'all did this!!
ReplyDeleteLove that y'all were able to relive your first date! Y'all are such a fun couple. God willing, I hope my hubby and I are just as fun!
ReplyDelete