Friday, June 19, 2009

whew!


Cora and Harper's 1st playdate!

What a week it has been! A good one, but exhausting! How do people do this? Well, how to people do this and stay mostly sane? I don't intend to stay TOTALLY sane...what fun would that be, but how crazy do I have to get? And what if we added more to this mix? Yikes, I won't even go there now.
So life is just nuts with 2 kids and I thought it was crazy before. It should be interesting when Harper starts eating real food and then I have that to think about and take along. The last two or so weeks have been 100% improved from the 2 or 3 before that. Thank the Lord! I know it just has a lot to do with asking the Lord for help and friends and family praying! Thank you! Pray works - I don't doubt that for a second! I was just feeling completely overwhelmed by life. Just life - nothing big or major - just being a wife, staying home with two kiddos. Sounds simple enough, but whoa!
Art looked at me this morning and said, "She's going to be 3!" Oh my heavens. Our baby is going to be THREE! Thats old! Thats no longer a toddler, thats preschool age (I think). She blows our minds everyday. I think that happens to most parents of kids her age. We just can't get over the things she comprehends, remembers and observes. Its NUTS! I have been trying to tell EK about Father's Day. Today after Art left we were sitting at the breakfast table and she said, "Oh no, Mommy, we forgot!" I said, "Forgot what sweetie?" EK: "To get Daddy that movie for Father's Day!" Me: "What movie were we going to get him?" She thought for a second and said, "Hannah Montana!" I am sure Art would LOVE a HM movie!!! Ha!!!
Harper is doing SUPER! I took her last week for her 4 month and she's a growing girl! She had 4 shots, poor baby. She just got so worked up. Wimpering and pouting for the next 20 mminutes or so Sad. She was only 13 pounds - I thought for sure she would be pushing 16! I just thought she was looking chubby (which she is and which I love by the way!) Today at Arts work this lady asked in front of several people if I was breastfeeding her bc she looks so healthy. By healthy I think she meant that she liked her 3 leg rolls!!! I tried to say yes on the down low. Grandmas just like to know that kinda stuff I guess, even when its not their grandbaby! Harper is holding her head up so well and rolling over. We took her to the pool on Wednesday evening. She really seemed to like it - smiling and laughing the whole time.
Speaking of swimming - EK is a FISH!!! I will have to take some pics of that - she's insane. I mean, she SWIMS!!! Like, head down, kicks her feet, pulls her arms, no floaties, SWIMS!!! I love it!!! She loves it, we all love it!
Camilla and Emma Kate playing in the "rain"!
Okay - thats it. We've had some fun this week. Joy brought Maddox and Cora over for a couple of hours on Tuesday. Here are some pics from that visit and a few other June things!
Happy Weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see that little fish tomorrow.

    Camilla definitely wins an "I'm A Great Aunt Award" for that water play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the post, update, photos and getting to see what i MISSED this week as i was on lock down. :-) ek is a little fish - nothing better than her huge blue eyes coming up out of the water. she's so fearless! cora and harper are way cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me again - cannot believe how gorgeous both those babies are. wow. love that photo. well, easy to believe looking at their moms. the dads are ok. kidding!

    ReplyDelete