Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm frust.

So have you ever been so excited about something just to realize that it might not be the right thing at the right time? Or cared about someone and poured love into them so much just to find out that he/she may not have been completely truthful.
Well, both of those just happened AT THE SAME TIME!
Art and I have been figuring out school for EK next year. We thought we had just the right answer - had prayed about it, thought about it, paid for it, and she and H were in! Yes!!! Then, we were given another opportunity - one we have always desired but never really thought was possible. So without praying about it we jumped on the opportunity and we've been so excited - its a miracle. Well, so I just walked into a conversation and became very discouraged about our decision. Hm...I'm confused. 2 parents who actually have their children in school where we would love to send EK and they love it. However, they are discouraging me from starting her so young. I get that, I do. And if we had really deliberated and prayed over this I would feel WAY better but if I am truthful, I would admit that has not happened - I just thought it was a "God thing" how things were working out. Funny how Jeff Henderson was JUST talking about this a few weeks ago at church. So the thing is, my decision hasnt changed, but the way I am looking at it sure has. This opportunity may still be the right one for us this year, but I need to be open to the possibility that its not. I am thankful for this discouraging conversation in a way.
BUT then...it lead to this...
And my heart aches at the thought that this could be true. Although rejoices with the possibility that my dear friend is just fine. So it turns out Ms Brenda is not sick. She has not left because of her inability to work. She just left. She has moved. She's gone. I have tears in my eyes. My heart really is hurting. This may seem dramatic, but I just want to be honest and let people who know her know that she's fine. We've poured love on her, she gave us love back - I need to remember it that way - not that she took advantage and was dishonest, etc. Theres more to the story - I dont think I want to know the rest. I am thankful she's fine and will miss her dearly. Even as I sit here at Chick, I think I hear her voice - can you tell we come here a lot!?! :) I am seriously holding back tears in a FULL CFA dining room. How embarrasing - a mom with two kiddos is looking right at me - she's probably feeling sorry for me as I cry and type. Guess I should crack a smile for her. Okay - she saw it, I feel better!

3 comments:

  1. Love your honesty, my friend. Special prayers for you and the hubs this morning. Praying that the Lord will make it perfectly clear which direction to take. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete