
My Harper, my little baby harper, my BABY is one year old today. Tell me its not true. Please - there is no way. One year ago today I met my baby girl and held her for the first time. Emma Kate became a big sister and met her little for the first time. We became a family of four. Papa Curt became the granddad of yet another girl (still holding out for his boy!). One year ago today we were surrounded by friends and family, not just by their presence but also (and more importantly) by thier prayers. One year ago today I cried tears of joy much like I am right now. I cannot belive this baby, my Harper is one already. I seriously cant take it. Not yet, how is that possible? I know, its so cliche. but really this year has been a whirlwind. Its has had some very very high highs and some low lows. And to end it on a day like this - much like Harpers life began, again today we were surrounded by close friends and family. Today was special. It was perfect. Harper celebrated her birthday today with a house full of people. I just love it when our parents and aunts and uncles tell us what great friends we have. It makes me proud! I love our friends - we have been given incredible friendships that will last forever and that just makes me happy! Emma Kate had more fun than anyone I think. She too has awesome friends! She jumped on her bed with Marshall for almost 2 hours I think. All the 3 and 4 yr olds were just kind of running laps around the house, jumping on the bed and playing hide and seek. Harps did great with her cake - much different than her sister - EK has cried all 3 times we have sung Happy Birthday to her. She played with her buddies, opened gifts, crawled around, chilled in her new wagon, etc. Here are a few Pics from Harpers big day! (thanks Court!)
And here is a post from one of H's first nights at home. My how she has changed. All I want to do is cry about it. But then I think, "why?"
So - at one Harper is...
crawling like crazy
considering walking - does very well behind the walker
has two teeth on bottom - with 3 on the way on the top
waves all the time
says, hi, mama, dada, emma (kinda), papa, more, milk, woof - stuff like that
claps her hands with "when you're happy and you know it."
making me smile a million times a day
giving everyone who sees her joy
hungry all the time and happy to eat almost anything
reconizing friends and family
playing peek-a-boo
just what I need on a rough day!!! She's basically AWESOME!!! It's okay for me to say that, right? She is my child after all!!!
More pics to come from this great day!
many thanks and love to all who celebrated with us today!
And here is a post from one of H's first nights at home. My how she has changed. All I want to do is cry about it. But then I think, "why?"
So - at one Harper is...
crawling like crazy
considering walking - does very well behind the walker
has two teeth on bottom - with 3 on the way on the top
waves all the time
says, hi, mama, dada, emma (kinda), papa, more, milk, woof - stuff like that
claps her hands with "when you're happy and you know it."
making me smile a million times a day
giving everyone who sees her joy
hungry all the time and happy to eat almost anything
reconizing friends and family
playing peek-a-boo
just what I need on a rough day!!! She's basically AWESOME!!! It's okay for me to say that, right? She is my child after all!!!
More pics to come from this great day!
many thanks and love to all who celebrated with us today!
Happy Birthday, Miss Harper! Loved looking through all of the pictures. So many happy faces. Now you're the mom of a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Fun times!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteso cute! you all look so happy-especially Harper! Hope to see you soon. We're kind of fighting off some illness over here.
ReplyDelete