Monday, February 22, 2010

He loves me...

a lot! Wow! So does this guy know me or what!?! I have a lot on my mind lately. some good, some not so good, some unknown, etc. So...what does my sweet Art send me today? This picture!!!!
I know this is not really a big deal. But it made me smile and I just appreciate that he knew this would do just that! Hooray for Girl Scout Cookies!!! Guess I should exercise today to offset the sleeve of thin mints I will polish off tonight!!!

In other news...
  • Court and I ran /walked 3.8 miles yesterday! I would NOT have done that alone. I was so thankful that she encouraged me to do that with her. What a GORGEOUS day! My body aches today, but it feels so good! I haven't run that much in a while. My lungs were burning (in a good way) for the next few hours - it was awesome! I'm hoping I'll keep it up! If anyone would like a running buddy let me know! I'm not great with kids in tow, but if it can be scheduled when Art is with the girls I am way better!!!
  • So I hang with Courtney lots, I know, but this is worth mentioning! Last Wednesday (the day after my disappointing encounter at CFA) we had lots of deliveries to make for SGS. Afterwards we met up at a few stores out in the hopping Austell area! Then Courtney mentioned McDonalds. I took a deep breath. (drama) She said Tanya had told her the playground was so great. In my mind I am thinking "how clean can a McD playground be, really?" I mean, I visited a McD a time or two or hundred in my childhood and I have been in one or two in the last ten years and clean is not really a word I use to describe that particular restaurant chain. I was up for something different though and had my santitizing wipes in tow so I figured why not! We totally went and it was SO stinkin good! E and EK played for an hour, maybe more in a very clean, very fun, very adventurous playground. Court and I actually got to talk to each other and L and H thoroughly enjoyed their time too! Cheeseburgers and a small fry - who knew!!!??? - only like 5 billion people! Ha! I will totally be back there!!! No joke!
  • EKD has lots of bumps and bruises. Like most 3 year olds she plays hard, therefore we have many tumbles - not as many tears - she's a tough cookie! So we were checking out her battle scars and then she was checking me out. " Mommy, how did you get those bruises around your eyes?" Oh sweet girl - those are dark circles that mean I am tired I guess. Not sleeping for 3+ years will do that to a girl! Then she asked "Why your eyes are so red? How did that happen?" I think my explaination for that has to be the same. Oh well - so I have bags, circles and redness. Its pretty much totally worth it!!! Truth hurts, but also can make you laugh!!!

2 comments:

  1. yep - there is a reason we are tight. i love running, girl scout cookies, mcdonalds and i TOO have large black circles under my eyes that i was literally staring at this morning with sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just went on a walk - guess i earned myself a few TM - maybe not a whole sleeve!

    ReplyDelete