Thursday, February 11, 2010

Today

brrr....first of all, its freezing. I am feeling especially sad for my sweet friend Courtney who has been in Florida all week and had to come home to this today. Sorry Court! I guess on the bright side she has missed some of the most miserably cold days we have had here in a while. Yuck! I am cold to my core, seriously people - call me what you want - princess, high-maintenance, I dont care - people are not meant to live in these conditions. I would like to make an assumption - Heaven is a balmy 76 degrees at all times! Of course my theory is not proven so dont quote me please!

So today was school day for EK. Before that I made this recipe from Deceptively Delicious - banana peanut butter muffins for Art and the girls for breakfast. They all seemed to like them - even with the cauliflower hidden in there! Yay! So somehow the girls got themselves dressed, or maybe Art the Angel helped, not sure - I was kind of in a funk this morning, and yesterday, and the day before - I am telling you this weather is YUCK!!!!
Harps and I headed to Perimeter to meet mom! Left with nothing - well, not nothing, but nothing that I went in search of - its cool though, I have PLENTY to wear, its just that every now and then I feel the need for something new! And then self-control pops back in! (sometimes!) Lack of self control occurred when passing by CFA on my way to get EK. I popped in THANKFULLY to see Miss Brenda and get a dc - duh! The one and only time my DC addiction has been a really great thing - turns out today was Brendas last day. Ugh - I am sad - I love her, my girls love her, she loves us - her doc has found something on one of her lungs - from what I understand she'll be fine after surgery but will need a lot of downtime for recovery. So she just couldnt say whether or not she'd ever be back. I didnt have EK with me so I figured I would be back there sometime to say goodbye with her. Harps and I ran into Publix to get a few needed supplies to make the edible works of art you are about to read about!!! Get excited! Ha!

So we picked up ek, came home, put H to sleep and then got to work.
Here's the deal. Pink, purple and white cupcakes - rainbow style.
We made white cake according to the box (BOGO at Publix this week!). Divided the batter into 3 bowls, colored one purple, one pink and left the third alone. Then we layered the colors into the cupcake liners. Purple, then white, then pink. Baked the cupcakes for 20 minutes or so and came out with this! This is pure joy people!!! I am so thrilled with the fun of this! Its the small things for me OBVIOUSLY!!! We iced them and covered with sprinkles and they were all ready to share!

I played the cool mom today (very rare!) and just forgot about a nap for EK. Its become such a battle that some days its hardly worth it. I think from now on she gets to skip naps on school days and just have mommy time/rest time. We'll see. Once H woke from her nap we headed to Chick to say bye again to Brenda with cupcakes in tow. I was so sad I could cry. For some reason lately though i am finding it very difficult to cry. I can tear up like a champ, but to get the tears to actually flow - well, thats hard. Do you think I have a condition? I should GOOGLE that.

So anyways, we're home now. Art has been a champ yet again and has been watching the girls while I write this. THANK YOU! Sometimes I just need to sit and ramble and surf and google and other stuff - just not sing songs or cook or clean or change dipes, etc. Dont get me wrong - most days I LIVE for that stuff, but I am human, yes, even I have faults - I know, its hard to believe - sha!

3 comments:

  1. love this post friend!! It's the small things for me too!!! Love the small things! cupcakes, parties, wrapping cute gifts, ribbon, paper- small stuff! Makes my heart smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun cupcakes. I saw something similar for a rainbow cake...if only I had a little one to make it with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes are beautiful.
    I know Miss Brenda enjoyed them.
    You are a treat, sweet Katie!

    ReplyDelete