So here are a few things worth sharing (alert there could be TMI in the following paragraphs):
- Harper and Emma Kate continue to be in love with each other. Most mornings (after a few false alarm wakings by H) Art and I are awakened to the sounds of something like this: EK: Harper! Harper! Hey baby! Hey Harper! H: Dadaddadadaadadada. They are both singing, happy and just gooing at each other! The whole room sharing thing has been tough but moments like this make me so happy they are in there together!
- Harps has taken one step closer to being like her big sis. She managed to go #2 in the bath today! Way to go girl!!! It only took Emma Kate 2 weeks to check that one off her list and then continued to do so for 2 more years! Yikes! Yuck! But seriously, I have been waiting for this one and am a little surprised that its taken this long!
- Harper said "all done" tonight at the dinner table. I know that seems weird, but I think she really did. Art and I were shoveling our food in (like we normally do as the world falls apart around us somehow) and just stopped and stared at each other. Did she just say that? I mean, I guess we'll just add it to our list of "fluke" sayings by harps, but she was waving her hands and it sounded a lot like it!
- We've pretty much decided on EK's school for next year. Well, we have decided, I am just having a hard time making it official. Looks like she'll be just going 3 days/week rather than the 5 we had planned on. I am just not ready to let her go quite yet. What the next year holds, who knows...public school, whitefield, homeschool...we'll work on that in a year!
- Brenda is back at CFA. So I guess I was a little dramatic about that whole ordeal, but I was sad and just let it all out. So sorry for the false alarm. She's back in action in Vinings and we've been happy to see her!
- My little business, Saving Grace Suppers, has taken off. Really. Its so cool and so amazing - I never would have imagined. I cook every other week and make about 40 meals each week. Crazy!
- Art is going to do the Warrior Dash! Holler! My man is a warrior!!! Can't wait to hear about that one! Its May 22nd so stay tuned! Not that there will be any pictures, bc it sounds like I am not invited. well, i was invited but got uninvited. Its more like a beer fest with a crazy 5k run through woods, over old cars, through fire, etc. Yep - its for real!
- Harper is walking some. okay, not really. she is thinking about it more and when she does take a few steps she is so so proud! I love that look on her face! She is also so unlike her sister - so far anyway. She plays by herself - she is happy to sit and play for a few minutes ALONE! What? Kids do this? Seriously, I had no idea. I thought Courts firstborn was WEIRD!!! Not really, but I certainly never thought I would be given a child that did this. She has already started mini-tantrums. it seems a little premature, but if I think back to the early days of emma kate, i am pretty sure the same thing was happening. And hey - Harps has had a pretty good role model as far as throwing tanrums goes!! Agh!
- Let's see. what else? Well, the self tanner made its first appearance of the season - lucky Art! Poor guy, he has to smell this tonight! it says it doesnt smell bad right on the bottle, but um...IT DOES!
- Oh yes...one last thing - Art has lost another privilege tonight. He was in charge of getting the cookies out of the oven...had the time set and everything. well, i guess he decided he needed to visit with the neighbors so we ended up with charcoal cookies! Geeeez Art, if you didnt want to do that for me, you could have just said so! Dont worry - he's not really in trouble! No biggie! We had another batch - and dont worry C, I didnt eat any - not even ONE!!!
love every bullet and i do believe darps said 'all done'. she totally did.
ReplyDeleteSo many happy things in this post.
ReplyDeletePraising the Lord for bullet number 4---EK's school. Been praying for that since you mentioned it, and now I get to highlight as answered in my prayer journal. woohoo!
I love a second born that entertains herself. Reminds me of myself! :)
So excited for you about Saving Grace. That is just wonderful! I know it's all so yummy! I would totally order from you if we lived close! Do you deliver to Dacula? ha!
ReplyDeleteI FOUND YOUR BLOG AND I AM SO GLAD I DID! why is that in caps? Sorry. Anyway, get Brad to do the warrior thing with art - he needs some man time. And....we'll be sharing rooms too in a few months! And you are so right on - the sweet is so sweet and the difficult is unfathomable but luckily the sweet is better and the memory lasts longer. I have to pinch myself daily, especially with this second pregnancy. This is our life - let's enjoy it!
ReplyDelete