So mom's been kinda busy so I figured I would write a little blog update for her. I dont really know what she's been doing except getting everyone ready for Easter, cooking dinner (well, not that bc we still dont have a fridge), running, changing my diapers A LOT (i do not like that!), keeping me and my sister entertained, our daddy fed, and well..I guess she kinda does a lot.
Well, back to me...
So I am one now. Being one is pretty cool. I can pretty much walk but I love the attention I get when I take just a few steps and then start to crawl. So even though I know I can do more, THEY dont know that so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing! The cheers and smiles from all those grown ups give me the giggles inside. I'm doing this for them just as much for me though!
I have 4 and a half teeth. Not that it really matters. Eating is my favorite past time and I can eat pretty much anything. From the sound of things, my big sis used to choke a lot when she was my age so they think I am pretty awesome for eating so well. And boy, do I like to eat! What is my favorite thing? Well, I love my milk...I love turkey...and I have recently just had my first pieces of watermelon. mmm mmm that is GOOD and it gets ALL over my clothes. Good thing my mom doesn't really care too much about that!
I share a room with my sister Emma Kate. I call her sissy and I want to be with her all the time. Mommy and Daddy tell her not to pick me up but I LOVE when she does that! She makes me laugh. Sometimes she wakes me up - but thats okay with me...I'd rather be awake, but sometimes I am so sleepy I just have to close my eyes.
I am learning lots of things from Emma Kate. I cant really do all the things I am learning, but I will be able to soon! Some of these things include but are not limited to...saying "yes Mommy, I'm coming", sitting at the table like a big girl, eating with a fork, stomping my feet to get my way (this only works when Mommy is tired and we're in public - sometimes it totally backfires for sissy so you have to be careful!), chewing gum, coloring, whining (this is a really good one that mommy and daddy dont like!) and reading books. I know I cant read yet, but I like to look at books and make noise....mommy and daddy think I am cute when I do this bc it looks like i am really reading.
Sissy keeps books under her pillow - dont ask me why, but sometimes I crawl into her bed and look under there to see what she's been reading. Its our little secret.
I love playing with baby dolls and I am an excellent stroller pusher. I have lots of friends (but the only one I ever really see is Tars girl) and my teachers at school think I am really special! I think they are pretty special too! My favorite song right now, well, I have two...I'm a little tea pot and Wheels on the Bus. Mommy looks so silly when she does these with the motions and it makes me SO happy! I wont even tell you how silly my awesome daddy looks!
Oh yes - Daddy...I heard him tell Mommy yesterday that he really likes me. He likes that I snuggle with him sometimes and that I kick the soccer ball. I can tell that makes him very happy so I will keep doing it (for now!).
Okay - I'm getting pretty tired. I will try to ask Mommy to write some more updates for you, but until then I hope you enjoy my post!
love,
Harper
Oh HEY HARP!!!!! Glad you are doing so well. :) Tell your mommy hey!
ReplyDelete