Thursday, April 22, 2010

In hiding!

Where have we gone? Well, what else do you do while your husband is gone for an entire week? I run to my in-laws! we're always welcome here. Emma Kate and Harper are beside themselves with so much love from Nana and Papa, I get to sit out in the sun (some), read a little, play on the slip n slide, blow lots of bubbles, and more! Emma Kate has been PERFECT!!! She is still working on listening and obeying right away, but I will take her current behavior any day over what I was dealing with this time last year. She's happy, overjoyed really, says please and thank-you, has been pretty complient during naps and bedtime and she's pretty cute if you ask me. Um, just heard her say to Nana, "I love you nana! I sure am glad to be here at your house. I bet I'm gladder than you!" Oh sweet Emma girl. Harper has been walking more since we've been here. Still crawling a lot but definitely able to walk. When she comes to an obstacle she just stops and starts grunting. Ha! She's funny! As sweet as this baby is she still has her moments. She's perfectly happy to play alone, play with me or ek or whoever will play with her. She's content most moments of the day, but there are always moments and days that things just arent going her way. And if she's not happy, ain't nobody gonna be happy. and thats the way it is!
So I continue to lose brain cells. dern. yesterday I went for a jog but instead learned all about the Lake Sinclair area. how it was owned by a confederate soldier and his slave wife, etc. How did this happen? Well, I never saw the marker I was running to. It was like I would never get there. Then I saw a man walking towards me so when I got to him I asked him about the little brick house - where was it? How much further? He politely told me I had passed it about 1/3 ago. Hm....so I walked with him a bit and learned about how he used to run and lift weights until he hurt his knees then all about his great great great great grandfather and mother who owned all this land. and then one of his greats used to make moonshine - awesome - and lots of other interesting things. pretty cool. He also is the BBQ man who makes BBQ by the side of the road - Art and I are always wanting to stop and try it. things are different out here - in a good way - not sure I would stop on South Cobb or Atl Road to get some BBQ from some stranger. weird.
okay - well, Artimus has our camera - did I tell you he is in a place where "Aloha" is said a lot? Yep - thats the place. So no pics from this visit but we'll make up for it next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment