can i please tell you what just happened that has me all warm and fuzzy inside?
okay, good!
i just did bedtime alone (doesnt happen much! Art is usually a HUGE help/master of bedtime these days!). i was kind of dreading it because getting these two ready for and in bed at the same time after a full day is hard enough with two people and much harder with just one. Harps was hollering (which is typical these days if something is not quite right) and Emma girl was being angelic (thank you Jesus!). I picked up Harper, she was pointing to EK so I took her to her bed to give EK a hug and night night kiss. The next 5 minutes Harper laid with her head on Emma Kates chest, hugging her and smiling while Ek rubbed harpers head. Um - i cant take this. This is a new level of mommy joy! This is the sweet spot of my life. These moments are priceless and I want to remember them FOREVER!!! I cannot get over how much Harper loves her sister. Its the greatest thing. I cant believe they have a little bond already, but I really think they do. Thank you Jesus for moments like these that show all things good!
i just did bedtime alone (doesnt happen much! Art is usually a HUGE help/master of bedtime these days!). i was kind of dreading it because getting these two ready for and in bed at the same time after a full day is hard enough with two people and much harder with just one. Harps was hollering (which is typical these days if something is not quite right) and Emma girl was being angelic (thank you Jesus!). I picked up Harper, she was pointing to EK so I took her to her bed to give EK a hug and night night kiss. The next 5 minutes Harper laid with her head on Emma Kates chest, hugging her and smiling while Ek rubbed harpers head. Um - i cant take this. This is a new level of mommy joy! This is the sweet spot of my life. These moments are priceless and I want to remember them FOREVER!!! I cannot get over how much Harper loves her sister. Its the greatest thing. I cant believe they have a little bond already, but I really think they do. Thank you Jesus for moments like these that show all things good!
A lot of days are like this (just to make you laugh)! 

This particular afternoon, a few weeks back, I decided to hit the silver comet trail. a pretty big commitment to exercise considering it is kinda far from my house. So I decided with both babes in the stroller I would jog some, walk most and definitely do about 3 miles. Well, I have no idea how far we went, but I did not go fast - it was about a 45min excursion and ended like this - i am laughing out loud now, but was not then. The walk ended with Harper in my arms sipping her milk and throwing it to the ground every 5 sips and Emma Kate pushing the stroller to the finish line. Classic Katie fashion! love it. hate it. its just my life as a mommy! thankfully there are times like tonight that make it so so worth every day like this one at the SC! i dont think we'll be back there anytime soon! :)
Teary eyes here. I love you, Artie, and the girls so much. You are all precious. Thanks for teaching us all so much.
ReplyDelete