Wednesday, October 27, 2010

the difference a day makes

sometimes, I think I am going crazy. This time yesterday I was lying in my bed just crying. really? some days just don't seem to go my way. I'm not really sure what my way really is, but whatever. Things just dont go quite as easily or something, I dont know. Honestly, I think yesterday it was just a mix between being emotional about leaving my girls for 3 days and not really feeling the love from my sweet 4 year old. Emma Kate is a little hot and cold, um, should I state the obvious, just like her mom! we will be all giggles one minute and then she's telling me no the next. we're in a major NO phase! yuck. but we're also is a really really really sweet phase too! I think that I just have a hard time going between the two, you know?
I am overjoyed each day when I hear the things that come from this childs mouth. I cannot believe she is mine. I am not sure where she gets it, where a lot of kids we know get it, but all of her songs tend to include these words: Holy Spirit, heaven, Heavenly Father, salvation, love, kindness, self-control, etc. Unbelievable! My heart really just sings right along with her! I dont know how long this will last but I hope I never ever forget these words from her lips. Amazing. I dont know if its from school, church, music in the car, or what, but wherever she gets it I am so thankful!!! Even if she has no idea what these words mean (although I think she does get some of it), just that they are in her vocabulary is a precious thing. And one of the best parts about it is that Harper is always learning from her!
Yay Harps! She is so big! Its about time we signed up for another baby! Ha! I'm thinking though that we may need to wait for that 3rd bedroom! And not to be TOO PICKY, an 2nd bathroom wouldnt be so bad either! The Lord may have other plans but we shall see! Big picture, bedrooms and bathrooms make no difference! Just add a little breathing room!
Okay, back to the Darps. She's just about 21 months. She loves all things girl, babies, babies, babies, dress-up, coloring, barbies, dollhouse, etc. She loves counting to three and running down the hall. When we get on our street and also in our driveway she yells out, "Home!". That one melts my heart! She loves singing but is not so crazy about my singing unless it is THE song she wants to hear at the moment! I usually cant go wrong with itsy bitsy! Its my go-to song! She would watch Blues Clues and Dora all day long if I let her. I'm pretty sure anyway. She is great at playing alone - never knew kids REALLY did this! Its funny to me how these sisters are so different and at the same time so so alike! Harper cannot sleep without her sister. She will eventually doze off, but not before she lets out plenty of hollers and lots of tears. She loves her sissy - they is no doubt about that. I love how they love and hug on each other. Harper loves to snug with Emma Kate and thinks its so funny when we have to wake her up from a nap. Oh! And Harper will eat just about anything! YAY DARPS!!! You name it, she'll eat it - definitely if there is ranch or ketchup to dip it in!
So anyway, all this to say, today, I am not crying in my bed! ha! I am thankful for my family - the good and the not so good. Tomorrow, I may be crying again, but not because I'm not grateful. Crying because some days are just hard. And I guess thats just the way it is sometimes! But oh I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world. The sweetness in this house is overwhelming! God is so so good!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I feel like I wrote that post :) I don't have two, but I definitely feel your emotions! And about the dentist thing...my pediatrician told me they didn't need to go until they were at least 3! So I guess it's just everyone's different opinion!

    ReplyDelete