Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Emma Kate goes to the dentist

So...I'm only 3 years late! 3 YEARS!!! I think this is one that goes in the "bad mom" category. The dentist is kind of important. I wasnt really putting it off - I was shocked when I learned I was supposed to take EK at one! Which means Harper is already a year late! Oops!
I am so thankful for this day! It was so perfect! When we pulled into the parking deck, Emma Kate said, "I'm not so such about this mom." We talked about how cool it was going to be and what kind of toys we thought they might have, what kind of toothbrush she might pick out, etc. As soon as we walked in, I knew she would be ok! They've got birds, and toys, and cool toothbrushes, and video games, and trucks, etc. YES!!! Major score for me! They called her back and she just walked on back like she was some kind of big girl or something. She never even looked back. tear. then the hygenist came to get me! Duh - moms are evidently supposed to go back there with them! Oops AGAIN! I was reprimanded in a squeaky "I talk to kids all day" voice about helping her brush her teeth, ending raisin eating, unflourinated water, just to name a few. Awkward! Then Emma Kate froze. She was not interested in opening her mouth. So what did I do? I hopped in that chair, put my head back, let her lay on me and she got her teeth cleaned! I looked down once just as Harper was putting a penny in her mouth. Nice. She took it out immediately and then turned around! She's a funny one! So Emma Kate and I sat there in that chair for a good 15 minutes looking at the bright light and listening to funny songs about brushing our teeth! Something tells me she'll be asking me to recall all the words to those songs as well as all of the names for all 20 teeth! Wish me luck!
Here she is getting her x-rays! No cavities! Things look great! So shame on me for waiting til she was 4, but yay for all of us that we brushed so well!!! We called Daddy afterwards. She informed him that her teeth were Princess Shiny! She's been looking in the mirror ever since!

2 comments:

  1. wait. ek at the dentist is making me cry. she is soooo big!!!! (ps I would have never ever ever known that you are supposed to go to the dentist at 1).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My doctor says age 3- so you are not that late according to some!!! 1 is really young!

    ReplyDelete