Wednesday, February 9, 2011
I want to drink from a mason jar.
Like, all the time. I'm weird. I know. I just have this picture of what the Douglas Family life is going to be one day. And it includes open cabinets filled with mason jars. All sizes. All colors. To be filled and used in all sorts of ways. I dont know why I am just saying this. I think I just realized it. Art and I have this city-country dream. If somehow we could live on a big farm in an incredible house (by incredible I mean, old, charming, one-of-a-kind, full of character) with kiddos running around with barefeet like crazy, me wearing an apron most days and baking tons, fresh flowers (from my garden of course) in every room, running shoes by the back door (because it'll be a heck of a place to run), a screened in porch with plenty of places to sit and white lights hanging from the ceiling, friends and family coming in and out as they please always knowing we are there and they are welcome, sweet tea always in the fridge ready to be poured into what?...a mason jar of course! My sweet husband would get to wear his cowboy boots most days, he would come home for lunch, and he would be so excited to come home for dinner, because the feeling our home will have will be contagious and loving and exciting and fun and safe. Its going to be AMAZING!!! And when you're there you can borrow a jar. For your sweet tea or your coffee or your lemonade or whatever. As long as you'll sip it with me on our screened in porch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Katieeee.
ReplyDeleteCan I live with you?
I will outfit your kids and make your aprons.
And we will learn how to quilt.
IT WILL ROCK.
Let me know.
The Waddells are SOOOO in!! Seriously...it's a daily dream. I've told Chris on numerous occasions that I would LOVE to move to the middle of nowhere...as long as Amazon and Landsend can deliver there. I didnt even realize that mason jars came in a variety of colors...
ReplyDeleteCamilla...can I please learn to quilt with you? It's definitely one of the "to dos" on my life-long list. Smocking is there, too...hope my fingers don't get too tired!
Camilla - DUH! You must live with us! Not sure about the quilting but sounds like amy is in on that so thats cool!
ReplyDeleteAmy, we will be making our own clothes, ha! so no need for amazon or landsend but I do know you love a bargain so lets do it!!! We'll make sure they deliver!!!
What a beautiful dream!! I hope and pray it comes true so that I can come over :)
ReplyDeletelove this post!! I want to drink from your pink mason jar please.
ReplyDeletei see it. i feel it. it's gonna happen my friend. i'm going to post a photo on my blog of your driveway.
ReplyDeleteI love it! I'm coming and of course I would love to sit on your porch :)
ReplyDeleteLet's be neighbors! Our dream is 100 acres and a wrap around porch!
ReplyDelete