Tuesday, September 20, 2011

House update

The weekend after my last house update post we set out to visit Arts parents who were FINALLY home from a 4 month excursion to "out west" as we call it in our house! We had a wonderful 26 hours spent with them. Short, but very sweet. Our girls love those two so much. On the drive home Art called the girls that had shown interest in renting our home. Well, guess what? They didn't want it. Hey! No shocker there, although I did kinda think this was it. Things were lining up nicely. Its funny how it seems that way and then BAM. Guess that's not the plan. Despair was setting back in. I am just plain old confused. No option sounds like a good option. Dern. No good options. Not good. So as we pulled into the driveway I said, "Art, lets just add on to this house like you wanted to do forever ago." That was it. Then we unloaded, went to see a house that is for rent in our hood, then dinner with my parents. During all of that mom and dad mentioned that dad had a thought to just add on to our current home. Is that a sign? I looked at Art with relief. Maybe this is what we have been waiting for? The plan. The go ahead from the Lord on what to do? A little clarity? Yikes! We are adding on? How in the world did that tune change in 2 hours time? Ok, so two days later we had a contractor out here. A day later, plans drawn up. A day after that a rough estimate that blew us away - more than we could have imagined - as in things changed, not in price! Then yesterday the reality of moving out for THREE MONTHS! Whoa! I am so excited and so caught off guard and so excited and so nervous and so excited!!! Did I mention I am excited!?! And I am thankful for a smart husband who makes wise decisions and how to take the right steps to get us through this process. And for supportive parents who are almost as excited as we are! And for getting to stay in our first home that we adore so much. For getting to bring ALL three children home to THIS home! For the room it will create! For the comfort that will come! For being able to stay in our neighborhood with our sweet neighbors. And for so many things that would seem to trivial to mention but that would make a difference for us!
So...until ground is broken, this is just a perhaps situation for us. Until we get a permit, and lots of other things fall into place this is just a dream. But this time, it might really happen! And oh my, I might be picking out flooring and cabinets and appliances and windows and carpet and sinks and faucets. Whoa! Can you tell I could get carried away!
Stay tuned!
God is faithful and true and oh so good. Add on or not, that last sentence is forever true!

1 comment:

  1. oh, friend...God is up to something with this...and I am IN LOVE with this idea! Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete