and this...
and this... 
So today I am catching up. Most of you know how I respect and admire President Bush. His speech at the Shanksville memorial gave me chills as I watched it today.
September 11, 2011. I was in class in Auburn when someone mentioned what had happened. We sat through that entire 2 hour class assuming it was some sort of accident, not knowing about the second plane. I spent the rest of the day trying to get in touch with my friends and family, glued to the television. I was terrified. Didn't sleep for weeks. How could this happen? That evening I remember sitting on the floor of our campus ministry with hundreds of students watching the President address our nation. His words comforted me that night.
I will never forget.
"One of the lessons learned on 9/11 is that evil is real. And so is courage."
Amen to that! God is good and present even in times like this. Unfortunately we have an enemy who is forever out to fight a battle he will never win. Praise God that He is stronger, greater, bigger, more powerful than our enemy. Praise Him that in the end He alone will prevail. It is so good to serve such a mighty God and to live in a nation where we can do so freely.
No comments:
Post a Comment